Not sure if this has been mentioned, did a quick search first:

It's annoying when playing games on the PlayBook and you accidentally do a bezel swipe which messes with your game in one way or another.

According to Sean Paul Taylor, Team Lead Gaming R&D At RIM, there will be improvements made in this area come BlackBerry 10. At the 11:10 mark on the video at the link below, he mentions that when BlackBerry detects you're running an app from the "Game" category, it may disable the top and right side bezels and make the bottom(and I'm assuming the left) bezel "sticky", which would make them harder to trigger.

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerryOS Interviews Sean Paul Taylor, Team Lead Gaming R&D At RIM

However they do it, I'm just glad it's on their radar.
    mithrazor and 00stryder like this.
    10-16-12 10:09 PM
    I'm glad as well. It has been annoying to be really into a game and then all of a sudden swipe out of it lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-12 10:50 PM
    Yes! Finally!
    10-16-12 11:30 PM
    Good find!
    10-17-12 07:42 AM
    I've always thought it would nice to have a toggle switch located near the media buttons on the PB that could "lock" the bezels.

Kinda like how an iPad has a little switch that can lock Screen Orientation (or you can set it to be a mute switch if you choose).

That would be really nice.
    10-17-12 12:11 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for the link also. He seems really excited about all the gaming related stuff coming with BB10!
    10-17-12 12:25 PM
    I think a four point "crunch" from the side bezels would be a good solution for unlocking the bezels would be good (or something like that), or a pinch from top and bottom, meeting in the middle...
    10-17-12 07:53 PM
    Might be hard to do a "crunch" though if BlackBerry ever gets around to releasing a bigger tablet.
    10-18-12 03:09 PM
    Why not just provide an API to developers to disable it. Or have it be a standard setting per application on the OS. If it is an OS level switch though, it needs to be easy to turn on and off. None of this 5 level deep menu navigation like my Android POS.

But why an API can not be provided is beyond me. Just outright disable gestures.
    10-19-12 09:31 PM