Would a bb10 phone which is the same size as a bold, with the same sized keyboard, have a big enough screen to feature the bezels like the playbook does?
    04-12-12 02:59 PM
    Pretty sure that the new phones will have a bezel, as they will be running the same software as the PB. I would imagine though that the ratio of bezel-to-screen will be smaller than the pb's, though
    04-12-12 04:34 PM
    They will have to have bezel gestures to keep the UI the same.
    04-12-12 04:37 PM
    Only the all touch screen phone would have enough room to allow that extra bezel thickness needed for bezel swipe function.
    I think the only way to allow that type of function on a bold type phone would be to have an optical pad dedicated to mimic those functions. Or it could be a combination of depressing the trackpad ( or whatever key, convenience button ) and a swipe motion within the touchscreen surface.
    04-12-12 04:48 PM
    Bezel doesn't have to be thick or touch sensitive to allow "bezel swipe" gestures. I'm pretty sure bezel gestures are achieved by sensing a gesture originated from the most "borderline" pixels on the touch screen. So any phone with any bezel thickness should be able to achieve bezel gestures.
    04-12-12 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD