So if you change carrier or device, you won't be able to recover lost passwords. You should send password recovery information to your main account and change the password when you have accessed the account.
    I hear that, but I've been with the same carrier for years, and I don't plan to change to a non-BlackBerry device. I save a lot of the emails right on my device, so they're part of my backups. Worst case scenario, if I ever had to leave, I could just change the password recovery emails on all the applicable sites and programs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 10:11 PM
    My BlackBerry ID is my BIS email. I kinda figured this would eventually cause a problem because if I ever leave my carrier, I would not be able to access that email acct. Crap!

07-05-11 11:26 PM
    In Spain we can access trough the web to our carrier mail. Every carrier has made a specific web for this purpose so I think they should do for you. We can change the password, the mail ending and erase the counts.
    07-06-11 02:51 AM
    I don't use mine at all and never bothered to set it up.
    I set mine up, but never use it!
    07-06-11 09:21 AM
    All carriers have the BIS Carrier Website, however not all carriers allow access to this site. They require you to use the email setup feature on your BB to setup the @carrier.blackberry.net address. From what I've seen in the past unless you're on BES you have to setup the @blackberry address, because that gives you a profile on the RIM servers. However just as others have stated, I don't give the address out either. I have noticed that certain OTA dl's required the @_*_.blackberry.net address.
    NebraskaPackRat likes this.
    07-06-11 10:30 AM
    On mine I can make account changes for push and set up filters, but theres no inbox.

07-06-11 01:26 PM
    If you are using a BlackBerry email address and you are unable to reset you BlackBerry ID password, try the following:

1. Log into your BIS account either through the Setup Icon or through the carrier BIS website.

2. Edit your BIS email. Edit the Auto Forward setting to forward All messages to an email address that is accessible from the computer.

3. Create a Filter for your BIS email. Filter on "New email." The Action will be "Do not forward messages to the device."

4. Go to blackberry.com/blackberryid and select Reset your password.

5. Check the computer for the password reset email.

6. Delete the forwarding rule and the filter you've created in the preceeding steps.
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-30-11 01:37 AM
    I have been driven to distraction and want to throw away my BB!!!
    My BBID password is not working and I have requested a reset on line via BB ID, but the password reset email is not delivered.
    I have BB email and tonight set up a gmail email on BB Internet with the hope the email would arrive there but NO!!!
    Please help is possible, as I currently cannot link APPS to BOLD 9900 or use APPS etc. Spent 3 hours on phone to network and they do not know what to do!!!!!!!!!!! So much for support!!!!
    02-23-12 05:52 PM
    I use my bis email as the BB ID, but forward those emails to my Gmail account. Isn't this a workaround http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB28111
    Last edited by blue_k; 02-23-12 at 08:51 PM.
    02-23-12 08:37 PM
    I use my bis email as the BB ID, but forward those emails to my Gmail account. Isn't this a workaround KB28111-Unable to reset BlackBerry Identity password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
    Even though I did not need to change my password, I just set this up to forward my BIS email, to my home email.

Thanks for the tips that are in this thread.
    02-23-12 11:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD