Is there a faster better browser out there than the black berry browser?

And one more- my voice command app never understands me, is there a way to change settings?
    08-19-09 02:05 PM
    I can speak to the browser, not so much the voice command, as I never use it.

For the browser, I am not sure if they are "better" but you can try out the Bolt Browswer or Opera Mini Browser and see if you prefer the layout and flow of those two browsers more then the Blackberry one.

Bolt Browser

Opera Mini - Download: blackberry
    08-19-09 02:07 PM
    I have a question, when not playing music is there a reason why they didnt allow the volume rocker to be used as a zoom in and zoom out? Or, even have an option to override any other use of those buttons while in the Browser.

But to the question, I didn't like Bolt though I almost did. It likes to show you all the text without having to pan left and right which is great but I never found an option to make the font bigger and it was a pain to read some times. I didnt spend a lot of time with Opera but it felt very dull and basic which is probably because its designed more for "Non Smart" mobile phones. Its a shame that there isnt a worthy replacement to the BB Browser. Its a shame really that most of the Apps Ive used so far seem like they could run on my old Samsung u740, they all lack pizazz as if they were all made in mind to run on older BBs maybe.
    08-19-09 02:13 PM
    I happen to like the blackberry browser, I tried bolt and opera and I like the native one the best, it's basic but clean of all ads and crap plus there's loads of shortcuts, copy and paste etc.

for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:25 PM
    Keep your ears to the ground in anticipation of the browser soon to be released called SkyFire. It should be incredible. Also, have faith in RIM, as they are working tooth and nail to create a browser comparable to the Safari browser on the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:38 PM
    I usually run my BB browser in Pager View mode, which gives it a more PC-based look to it. From there, I can zoom in and work well with it (sort of like Opera does).

There is a font setting on Bolt. Once you change the font size, you can scroll to the left and right to view more. It doesn't have a zoom in/out feature like Opera (or BB Browser's Page View mode), but does make the pages larger for viewing.
    08-19-09 04:25 PM
    I cant get on to crackberry.com from my phone. it ays there is an error or something.
    08-19-09 05:38 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 is the way to go!
    08-19-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD