I've been using Blackberry devices since the 8800 and there doesn't seem to have been any advances in the profile editing. At the moment for every profile I have to edit almost 20 different alerts, each one with an out-of-holster and an in-holster setting and each one with a tone, volume, repeat, etc.

This is a **** of a lot of settings and (I think) one of the reasons why almost every Blackberry I hear has the default settings!

Is there any kind of desktop software that would make this easier? Allow copying settings down through all different alerts, etc? Something that might work in some kind of table format, maybe?
    09-19-09 09:59 AM
    I totally agree and second this request. It would be easy to be able to add/delete profiles and also change one setting across many profiles at the same time. Doing it from the PC would be ideal.
    10-18-09 12:01 PM
    I agree, this would be pretty sweet. With the newer OS5.0 leaks, setting up the profiles is certainly easier, as you can determine whether you want to play sound, in holster, out of holster or always, and set it to vibrate or not, its not all individual like it has been in the past.
    10-18-09 12:03 PM
    Yep. 5.0 is certainly a great improvement. Unfortunately for the OP, it will probably not be released for the 8310.
    10-18-09 12:10 PM
    Ooops! Haven't updated my profile. Have an 8900 Curve now....that will get OS5, won't it?
    10-18-09 03:21 PM
    Yes, most likely since it's already been leaked.
    10-18-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD