There are probably just not a lot of really skilled coders left at blackberry. They've fired God knows how many to try and keep the company afloat. And anybody that's really good probably left for greener pastures a long time ago.

I used to support blackberry for the simple reason that competition among mobile providers is good for me as a consumer. But a company has got to be WORTHY to compete. And bbry has proved, many times, that they simply aren't. Including the Android runtime was an admission of defeat. What's left of this company is simply to inept. They need to go away. When you put yourself up for sale and the rest of the industry sees nothing worth buying, that's all folks.

Just my .02.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-17-14 01:35 AM
    Here's a perfect example of what I'm on about. The new BBM update. Firstly, it deletes chats for some and not for others and that's just not acceptable. For me it didn't delete my chat messages but still others have experienced this issue. With the BBM beta version, we had landscape while in BBM (not via the hub).. now we don't. In the beta we had the option to add pictures in group chats in line.. in the new version it's not there.

I don't know what the beta was about but why have all this good stuff then remove them and instead replace with wallpapers and name change from updates to feed like that is a big deal. Why not include them?

This disjointed no sense of proper execution is what aggravates me. Then of course for those who prefer the beta you cannot roll back unless like me, you side load an old version then update to the beta using the beta app. The everyday guy who does not sideload is now stuck with this update which they might not like.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    06-17-14 03:43 AM
    Actually I am sure my analogy fits. I have a request also: please don't respond to posts if you don't grasp the basic concepts of the english language.

Your argument does not take "context" into consideration. You're assuming I am trying to compare BlackBerry to a Ferrari which I am not. In fact, with my post, BlackBerry can be either the Ferrari or the Honda.

I'll give you a simple example. Try to follow.

Let's say I was a pizza delivery person. Although a Ferrari is nice, I would prefer to use a smaller vehicle, say a Honda Fit. You see my argument is not comparing class of vehicle as much as it's comparing purpose.
    Honda would like to cut down on wind noise in the Fit, but given the resources they have it's more important to make sure it delivers excellent gas mileage. Wind noise gets better and better with each new release but is not a priority for this vehicle.

Get it? Good.

BlackBerry wants to have all of the apps and they want to make sure that they are all in perfect working order. The world isn't perfect and those that put a lot of emphasis on Facebook and Twitter have to make a decision on whether to stay or leave the platform.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    I dont like cars, try maybe motorcycles and maybe we'll accept your analogy.
    Fb and twitter are the basic apps in smartphones ok? Majority of smartphone users use fb and twitter. Having a bad app for fb and twitter is like having a blower aircon in your car which doesn't even cool.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-17-14 05:55 AM
78 ... 234