According to the flyer I just got, Best Buy will have the TELUS Blackberry Storm on December 8th =)

Problem is... the pricing that they are advertising is conflicting. Reports have stated that it'll be $249.99 on a 3 year contract and this is what they state in their flyer, yet on their website, it states $299.99? Of course, the Telus Mobility website states that the price is $249.99, so I'd trust that pricing more. And of course, Telus Mobility hasn't officially posted on their website when the launch date is.

Future Shop states that the Storm will be out December 31st, yet has a disclaimer that the "Release date of this product is not known at this time. It is subject to change without notice."
    12-05-08 08:26 PM
    as of right now, it will be out on dec. 15th... there COULD be a possible delay, but it's confirmed date is december 15th
    12-05-08 08:29 PM
    Did Telus state officially that it would be out December 15th?
    12-05-08 09:18 PM
    well according to bell's training modules, yes

i know bell isn't telus, but with our training modules it stated that we will both launch the storm on the same day... and the 15th is the confirmed date
    12-06-08 01:40 PM
    Soo... any word on Best Buy? I'm assuming they've shot themselves in the foot and it won't be out today

Their site still lists it as a "come and place a deposit if you want it before Christmas" message, which doesn't make me confident!
    12-08-08 07:16 AM
    I jsut called BestBuy and the guy told me that there is a difference between "BestBuy" and "BestBuy Mobility". He said there are only 4 BestBuy Mobility stores within a store and they will get the Storm first and will take pre-orders. As for Bell (my carrier) I got a reply email from them today that says they have not finalized the release date but they will be releasing it the same date as Telus. He said in the email that Bell may take pre-orders or "stay open late one day". So...no firm info

Duane
    12-08-08 09:53 AM
    So i work for Telus, and i am not quite sure why if Bell is training their staff so late in the game.

I know all of the employees at Telus have been trained on the BB Storm.

I know that the Best Buy in my area has stated that they WILL have the BB Storm today, but i don't actually think it is going to happen. They seemed a little unsure when i spoke with them.
    12-08-08 10:38 AM
    So i work for Telus, and i am not quite sure why if Bell is training their staff so late in the game.
    It's strange, I agree - I talked to my company's corporate rep at Bell, and was told that training would be occurring on Thursday for it - quite late! She did confirm Bell and Telus would be on the same day, but that no date had been set by Bell yet.

Have you heard about when the Telus release date would be? I've heard the 15th a lot in rumours, but never a "confirmation" from someone at Telus.
    12-08-08 11:26 AM
    Was just at Bell Mobility and the manager told me they are having a "remote" on Friday. She said a "remote" is the local radio station will be broadcasting live from their store for a big event. She was quite confident it is the release of the storm. Also they are now taking pre-orders for it as before you could just get on a call list.

Duane
    12-08-08 04:18 PM
    Here in Calgary i have been to the 3 local TELUS stores around me and all of them have a list. They put your name on it and they said as they get them in they go down the list and call you and you have X amount of time to pick it up or it goes to the next person..
    they all said they were told each store gets 20 units but they also said 10-15 would be a more realistic number
    12-08-08 09:37 PM
    i received this flyer also and kept checking the website for updates but nothing. so at both 9 and 10am i called the best buy near my house and they said thye never received any. the guy then said that the flyers are for certain stores. in short terms best buy is a lying piece of crap who was just looking for people to come in on a day when they had a boatload of people buying the dark knight on dvd. this has to be some sort of false advertising complaint with the bbb. i must als oadd that when i played with the storm in toronto on friday the telus rep working the event also told me the phone was in stock and they hada huge list of people waiting for one. however today has come nad goen and the only people who have the storm are in the usa, europe, the launch party yesterday and staff members
    12-09-08 08:30 PM
    Why do we get it LAST? haha like honestly. I live an hour away from Waterloo... I would go pick up the Storm if I could! I talked to a BestBuy rep and she was like "Uhhh no December 8th.. thats wrong.. I think it's the 12th... or the 15th".
    12-09-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD