Hi,

My local Radio Shack & Sprint store are really crappy about live demo phones on the floor. With that said, I am currently using a Windows Mobile Treo Pro for Sprint. I like the browser (though I mostly browse forums on the phone), the voice commands is nice, the email is pretty good (I am using Exchange).

THe issue is the phone is sometimes slow, sometimes crashes, isnt the best phone. I do love the form factor.

I did just buy & return the HTC Touch Pro 2. I do like touch screens, but that was very difficult to use. I like the idea of a one handed phone (which the Treo Pro is) & the Touch Pro 2 was not.

Anyway, I cant figure if I should buy a 8330 off of Ebay for about $150 or if I should order a Tour from sprint with the intention of returning it if I dont like it. I did pay a $35 return fee to sprint for the Touch Pro 2, but it was money well spent. I know that form factor isnt for me.

My hesitation in buying a used 8330 is that I dont think it has Rev A internet & since its an older phone, it might not give me the best impression of a BB (this would be my first attempt in over 5 years - I didnt like the 5 year old one when I tried it).

So, what makes the most sense? The 8330 has been around longer but the Tour is newer.

I dont mind paying the $35 restocking fee for the tour if i dont like it. I think that a stable phone sounds amazing though.

Thanks,
    Rich
    12-08-09 02:32 PM
    The best way is to take it home. I usually know around the 3rd week mark
    12-08-09 02:40 PM
    Luckily for me, all of my friends caught the berry craze years ago and they have most of the models. To convert me over to blackberry, they lent me their old models for me to tinker on. Last year I got the 9000, and last month I got the 9700!
    12-08-09 02:43 PM
    Well, I ordered a Tour from Sprint. I figure thats safer than buying a used curve off ebay.
    12-09-09 01:40 PM
    Do you have any corporate stores nearby, they have working models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD