Is there an easy way to set this up with the built in client? Or should I just go ahead and use the Gmail app for BB? With the app, does it treat new mail the same way it treats normal new mail? Like new gmail = blinking LED, notification, etc.?
    10-26-08 01:00 PM
    The gmail app will not give an audible notification, but will trigger the red notification light. I use the BIS for gmail, set up is a breeze. Have you used the BIS to set up email before?
    10-26-08 01:02 PM
    No. I actually dont have my bold yet but I wanna know what to do right when I get it. Do both methods receive emails quickly? I read complaints that gmail emails (used to) take 15 mins to get the emails from when they are sent. Is this the case still?

One thing that caught my eye with the app is the ability to star stuff, save drafts, add/remove labels, etc.
    10-26-08 01:12 PM
    No. I actually dont have my bold yet but I wanna know what to do right when I get it. Do both methods receive emails quickly? I read complaints that gmail emails (used to) take 15 mins to get the emails from when they are sent. Is this the case still?

One thing that caught my eye with the app is the ability to star stuff, save drafts, add/remove labels, etc.
    The Gmail app is great, but I use the native email client on my Curve. I use the Gmail app to look at old/saved emails on my gmail account so I don't waste space on my berry.
    10-26-08 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD