Hey guys,

My curve, like several others, has let a lot of dust and moisture between the glass and the lcd screen. I also have plenty of scratches on the phone from dropping it the day before my BSE arrived.

Anyone know of a reasonably legit way to get a replacement without buying new? What have you guys done?

Thanks,

-Evan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 09:53 AM
    Well, if your phone is still under warranty, call your provider. Just tell them that one of the buttons isn't working properly and that you would like a replacement. I did that with verizon and got a brand new model.

07-27-08 10:03 AM
    Well, if your phone is still under warranty, call your provider. Just tell them that one of the buttons isn't working properly and that you would like a replacement. I did that with verizon and got a brand new model.

So, call AT&T? They're my service provider, but I got my phone online... I don't see how calling AT&T would work?

-Evan
    07-27-08 10:37 AM
    So, call AT&T? They're my service provider, but I got my phone online... I don't see how calling AT&T would work?

-Evan
    Did you buy your phone through AT&T online? Or did you get your phone through ebay, craigslist or some other vendor?

If you bought your phone online through AT&T and you've had it for less than 30 days or so, you can call them and im sure they will send out a replacement. However if you got your phone elsewhere and just activated it through AT&T then you can go to Cellular Accessories - 3G, Accessories Store, BlackBerry, Acer, Samsung, LG, Sony, NEC, Mobiado, Nokia, and order a replacement housing and a replacement plastic screen cover....just make sure you know what your doing....if your a DIY person like myself it shouldn't be too hard and I believe they have videos showing you the exact process on the website
    07-27-08 12:09 PM
    Did you buy your phone through AT&T online? Or did you get your phone through ebay, craigslist or some other vendor?

If you bought your phone online through AT&T and you've had it for less than 30 days or so, you can call them and im sure they will send out a replacement. However if you got your phone elsewhere and just activated it through AT&T then you can go to Cellular Accessories - 3G, Accessories Store, BlackBerry, Acer, Samsung, LG, Sony, NEC, Mobiado, Nokia, and order a replacement housing and a replacement plastic screen cover....
    So getting a replacement from RIM isn't going to happen?
    07-27-08 12:10 PM
    So getting a replacement from RIM isn't going to happen?
    Well getting back to my previous post, How did you get your phone exactly? and how long have you had it?
    07-27-08 12:12 PM
    I got it through Wireless Marketplace, sort of like getting it through Amazon. I've had it since marchish.

07-27-08 09:45 PM
    I got it through Wireless Marketplace, sort of like getting it through Amazon. I've had it since marchish.

07-27-08 11:09 PM
    Insurance is probably your best bet man, with AT&T i think its like $110, so its a matter of is it worth it to you.

Could always go through craiglist and ebay and see what else people have
    07-27-08 11:18 PM
    Yea I agree, insurance is probably your best solution

07-28-08 12:09 AM
    Unfortunately, if you didn't purchase your phone directly from your Carrier, then you're SOL when it comes to replacing the phone whether it's throught warranty or insurance with your carrier. I hate telling you this, but your only option is going through the seller. If you try going through RIM, they're going to refer you back the seller.

07-28-08 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD