I am currently with Alltel and they are great, but not so great in Chicago. My contract is up in a month and I am thinking of switching so I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions. I am thinking AT&T but wanted to get some input first. I have a BB Pearl right now and am probably going to go with that again which ever provider I go with. I am more concerned with the quality of the data and voice services in my area.

Thanks
    08-08-08 05:19 PM
    Best thing to do is ask neighbors and co-workers.

AT&T has their 3g network which is pretty fast and from what I hear pretty well developed in Chicago. Simultaneous voice and data is a plus for me. I love being on my phone (bluetooth) and using either the AIM app or the Maps app on my iPhone.
    08-08-08 05:24 PM
    If you live near the lake, don't do Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 07:11 PM
    Been with ATT/Cingular since the 1990's in the Chicago area. I've never had any problems, rarely get dropped calls out in the suburbs. Although in the city I've had a few problems inside buildings and parking garages.
    08-08-08 08:07 PM
    T-Mobile is pretty good!
    08-08-08 08:15 PM
    Why switch? AllTel will be Verizon soon and they are pretty solid in Chicago. Although I haven't had an issue with my phone in that area right now you are roaming on sprint which can be spotty. By all means if ya find something cheaper that works go for it but if you want to keep your curent pricing hang on a bit and the switch from roaming on sprint to using vzw will probably solve your issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 08:28 PM
    I don't live in Chicago but am there about 3 to 4 times a week. (The company I work for is based out of Romeoville). But I have never had a problem with VZW in downtown or the suburbs.
    08-08-08 08:55 PM
    I've had vzw for yrs . I have dropped or lost calls more often in the last yr or so, I am thkin bout changing 2 us cellular.i have talk 2 cust ser and they told me I wouldnt have 2 pay the early termination fee.They dont have enough towers.I really luv the cus. serv . the prices r high though. Im averaging $180 a mth. for unlimited data and voice plus txt
    08-11-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD