Guys I know this has been discussed before, but not lately. I wanted to know if any one has had good experience with any on the remote wipe softwares. I know of these so far
    GadgetTrack
    RobLock
    GetitBack
    PhoneBAK BB

All suggestions are appreciated.
    02-24-09 12:48 PM
    Guys I know this has been discussed before, but not lately. I wanted to know if any one has had good experience with any on the remote wipe softwares. I know of these so far
    GadgetTrack
    RobLock
    GetitBack
    PhoneBAK BB

All suggestions are appreciated.
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    Personally I have had great success with RobLock. I was able to get a New Year's deal on it and my husband and I even tried it out once after all my info was backed up and it worked perfectly on my Curve 8310.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 12:57 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    Personally I have had great success with RobLock. I was able to get a New Year's deal on it and my husband and I even tried it out once after all my info was backed up and it worked perfectly on my Curve 8310.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

Does it wipe the memory card too or just the device memory?

Dm
    02-24-09 01:54 PM
    Does it wipe the memory card too or just the device memory?

Dm
    The whole thing including the memory card. We tested it with a 2 Gig card that we were talked into at the AT&T kiosk and I had installed a few songs and pics and they were deleted along with the entire OS and Sim card. It really rocks and on top of it, it shows through GPS where the BB is too.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 02:18 PM
    The whole thing including the memory card. We tested it with a 2 Gig card that we were talked into at the AT&T kiosk and I had installed a few songs and pics and they were deleted along with the entire OS and Sim card. It really rocks and on top of it, it shows through GPS where the BB is too.

~Jazzi~

Thanks Jazzi,

I am going to give it a go. I heard that there were some problems like it slowed the BB down, looks like they have fixed them?
    02-24-09 04:03 PM
    Thanks Jazzi,

I am going to give it a go. I heard that there were some problems like it slowed the BB down, looks like they have fixed them?
    You're welcome. I've never had a problem with it slowing my Curve down at all. So I imagine it was fixed. I've never seen a difference before or after and I have done more than a few upgrades to my Curve and had to reload it again

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 05:12 PM
    You're welcome. I've never had a problem with it slowing my Curve down at all. So I imagine it was fixed. I've never seen a difference before or after and I have done more than a few upgrades to my Curve and had to reload it again

~Jazzi~

Jazzi, you have been more helpful than company it self. I have one final question. Lets say in a web interface/email set up, when some one changes the SIM on my BB, I get an email and I can reply back to tell the BB to wipe and lock (am I getting it right or does the email has to be sent before the sim is removed?)

Second is the SIM is removed and the new one put in, the only way Roblock will work is through SMS and what is if I don't have another cell to send an SMS to?
    02-24-09 05:34 PM
    Jazzi, you have been more helpful than company it self. I have one final question. Lets say in a web interface/email set up, when some one changes the SIM on my BB, I get an email and I can reply back to tell the BB to wipe and lock (am I getting it right or does the email has to be sent before the sim is removed?) I believe it is before they remove the Sim card (otherwise they would have all your info)...wipe and lock. Person that has the phone will get a SMS saying that the phone has been wiped and is being followed by GPS. I have it set so I can wipe and lock as soon as I realize it is gone.

Second is the SIM is removed and the new one put in, the only way Roblock will work is through SMS and what is if I don't have another cell to send an SMS to? My husband and I tested this out. The SMS text is set for if I can't find my phone and believe it was stolen, I can send my husband a text from anywhere and HE can wipe and lock the phone if I am not near a computer. Also, the phone is actually set to follow through the GPS. Even though I don't subscribe to GPS through my carrier, it is on and RoBlock connects to my phone through that. Therefore no matter if the sim card is removed or not, I can see from any smart phone or pc where my BB actually is. That would be helpful in recovering it
    I put the answers right after your questions in the quoted area. I hope that helps answer some of your questions

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 05:49 PM
    Can you remotely enable GPS if the person that found/stole your BB disables GPS?
    02-24-09 08:58 PM
    I put the answers right after your questions in the quoted area. I hope that helps answer some of your questions

~Jazzi~

Thanks This is been great help.
    02-24-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD