If your with Rogers, tell us about your BlackBerry plan and monthly cost.
    I would appreciate if someone could help me build a plan.

Main Features I need. That I have already:
    Unlimited Incoming (Current voice plan has it $25)
    Name ID (dont need Caller ID,just nameID which is $2)

Features I don't have, that I need:
    E-Mail 10 e-mails a day
    IM (Msn/yahoo)
    BlackBerry Tracker (Not sure what I need to get this working..I think data plan)

Options I would like to be able to use:
    GPS (I have a 8820). I think you need a data plan to use it
    04-25-08 12:11 AM
    You can keep your current voice plan, and just get an add-on data plan.

For the BB $25/month plan you get 4MB's which could easily accomodate 10 emails a day and a little bit of messaging capabilities. If that's not enough the next rung up is $40/month for 7MB's
    04-25-08 01:37 AM
    If the rumours have any basis in fact, Rogers will soon be introducing a UMA service plan using '20 devices and Wifi.

That is the ultimate plan. Unlimited nation wide calling and data for a fixed subscription price.

BIS or hosted BES service will also be needed, that will add $15-20 a month.
    04-25-08 09:48 AM
    UMA servicing is not a big thing for me. As long as I have unlimited incoming I am set. What I really want is MORE data for less!

Because I really want to use BlackBery Tacker and the built in GPS. Both of these applets are utterly useless without bandwidth
    04-25-08 09:56 AM
    well whatever plan you got just stick with that and just add the 15$ unlimted email and pin plan...and you need caller id to have name display to work...
    04-25-08 12:51 PM
    What is the pinPlan? Would I be able to use BlackBerry Tracker with the PinPlan
    04-25-08 01:29 PM
    What is the pinPlan? Would I be able to use BlackBerry Tracker with the PinPlan

No! Do NOT take anyones advice who suggests the $15 BB personal email plan. You'll only cost yourself more money in the long run being cheap.

You said you wanted data, this plan is not intended for people who want to use data for applications or external instant messengers. It's only good for emails and BlackBerry Messenger.

BlackBerry Personal Email
    04-25-08 04:35 PM
    Do you think the 4MB plan is sufficient for emailing/BlackBerry Tracker.

I am hoping Rogers will provide better packaging soon!
    04-25-08 04:53 PM
    If you don't use your BB much for anything, but email and the BlackBerry Tracker 4mb's should be fine.

You could get MiniMoni to keep track of your data usage.

Until rogers up's their data bandwidth, keeping track is a must.
    04-25-08 05:15 PM
    I hope they raise the bandwidth soon. 4MB is ridiculous to be honest. and 40$ is way to much.

Luckily my blackberry has wifi thank god for hot spots
    Last edited by lankan; 04-25-08 at 05:22 PM.
    04-25-08 05:20 PM
    Rogers current BIS plan provides for 2 Mb of data, enough for a half dozen emails per day. If you go over that limit, you will be paying the highest data access rates on the Planet.

At $10 Mb, you are actively discouraged from using your device.

On a more positive note, I have just received my Rogers Year End Report. The item that caught my eye was associated with their planned technology path. Wi-Fi was prominently featured, as you would expect from a Wireless and Cable company.
    04-25-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD