I currently have an iPhone and have been less than thrilled with service quality (dropped calls, etc.) here in Dallas. I've never been with another carrier, does anybody have any guidance to which company will provide the best service in my area?
    05-10-10 09:19 AM
    Verizon and Sprint have excellent coverage in DFW. TMO is a bit spotty in certain areas, depending on where you go.

Where in Dallas are you? I live in East Dallas and spend most of my time along the 635 corridor across North Dallas into the Coppell area (north of DFW Airport). If we know which side of Dallas, we'd know whether or not TMO would work well for you.
    Last edited by michikade; 05-10-10 at 10:36 AM.
    05-10-10 10:33 AM
    Verizon and Sprint have excellent coverage in DFW. TMO is a bit spotty in certain areas, depending on where you go.

Where in Dallas are you? I live in East Dallas and spend most of my time along the 635 corridor across North Dallas into the Coppell area (north of DFW Airport). If we know which side of Dallas, we'd know whether or not TMO would work well for you.
    I live just about at Central/635, and work either in Lewisville or Addison. Basically, downtown up to Frisco area, never really west of Grapevine or east of Abrams.
    05-10-10 10:52 AM
    I live just about at Central/635, and work either in Lewisville or Addison. Basically, downtown up to Frisco area, never really west of Grapevine or east of Abrams.
    You actually should do well with any of the major 4 - but if you're dropping AT&T calls then maybe not. I have Sprint and my co-worker has Verizon and we both have excellent coverage all across the map in that area, so you should be fine with either of those if you're looking to switch. Maybe someone with TMO can attest to that particular part of town - when I had it I lived further east and had some spotty coverage, but I'm not sure how the north-central Dallas area fares.
    05-10-10 11:08 AM
    Welcome to the iPhone man. It drops calls. Period.
    05-10-10 11:13 AM
    Yup I agreee with totalimmortal I have an iphone and blackberry and i can say the blackberry i don't have dropped calls, the iphone I always have problems with call failed, dropped calls.......Good Luck, but I think its the phone not the service....IMO
    05-10-10 11:17 AM
    Great, thanks for the replies everyone!
    05-10-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD