I'm wondering what you guys feel is the best method of doing the following - I have a 9700 with one carrier (Rogers) and would like to swap my device to a Torch loaded with another carrier's OS (Telus). I need to transfer all data from the 9700 to the Torch, but I need to replace the OS on the Torch with one from my carrier (Rogers). With the 9700, I need to wipe that device clean and then re-install an OS from Telus.

So, what is the best method to do this assuming I unlock both handsets? If possible, please layout the steps needed.
    Last edited by Alxis; 10-24-10 at 09:20 PM.
    10-24-10 09:15 PM
    Why would you swap OS on the device? I don't see why that would be necessary to use it assuming the devices are both unlocked.

I guess what you'd need to do would be to run the switch device wizard to transfer your information to the Torch.
    10-24-10 09:27 PM
    Why would you swap OS on the device? I don't see why that would be necessary to use it assuming the devices are both unlocked.

I guess what you'd need to do would be to run the switch device wizard to transfer your information to the Torch.
    Good question, the reason is because there are carrier specific applications that are needed, hence the need for the Torch to run the current carrier OS.
    10-24-10 09:35 PM
    Isn't going to happen. You can't run a 9700 OS on a 9800. The best you can hope for is to load the app cods manually, but if these apps you want are carrier service book activated/controlled, you're sol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:45 PM
    If it's an app with an alx in the OS, it's possible. Swapping OS, of course impossible.

Download the current OS, and install it. Open the OS you've installing, open the alx file for the app in notepad, change the vendorID="xxx" to the # for the carrier the phone is branded to, and it should load up when loader.exe is run. Same as unlocking vendor themes.
    10-24-10 10:47 PM
    What bbw said. Exactly what must this be done? Just put the OS on it as you would normally do and be done. Choose. The advanced options and only put on the OS...

As far as your Torch, build it from scratch after installing 284.

Don't forget ur SD card!

Hehehe...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 06:35 PM
    There is one other possible solution, but it requires use of the Onyx's legendary power source. If you have a spare Al, I think this may work.

10-25-10 09:38 PM
    Oh that made my otherwise long & frustrating day!

Thank you for that, my friend!
    10-25-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD