Here's the results of a small tablet survey on ca.msn.com (Canadian content). The sample voting size is only around 2000 but it gives an idea of Canadians love for the playbook. My iBrother just picked one up and loves it! He's looking at BB10 as his next phone this fall.
    05-07-12 05:48 PM
    And for the most part people don't even know about it. Showed it to a couple friends a few weeks ago and they were extremely impressed and had never really heard about it. Defintely an immature market and I can see those numbers improving for RIM a year from now on a similar poll.
    05-07-12 06:25 PM
    I agree many people have no idea that blackberry has a tablet out with a new os.
    Its just crazy to me.
    05-07-12 06:45 PM
    I agree many people have no idea that blackberry has a tablet out with a new os.
    Its just crazy to me.
    feel the same way not a single commercial just youtube videos smh...even seen a sony tablet commercial yesterday
    05-08-12 11:44 AM
    Its just crazy to me.
    It's called Marketing - or lack of it in this case.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-08-12 11:48 AM
    its funny, because technically that means the Playbook wins... if you consider that ANY OTHER ANDROID tablet is really like 4 or 5 GOOD tablets in that group. So really if people are voting for Android Tablet 1 and Android Tablet 2 400 times each then that is under the PBs 800...

but the media will say that all the people surveyed were on some sort of medication... or that they dont know what a tablet is... or something, there will be a negative from this.
    DeonADB likes this.
    05-08-12 03:06 PM
    There was some discussion in another thread about RIM instituting "radio silence" for a time before they roll out BB10. The consensus was that they can't really afford to do that on the handset side, but it might be exactly what they're doing with the Playbook.

Playbook is still selling okay at discounted prices. It will be interesting to see how well it does when the 4G version launches. As well, after BB10 it will essentially be a new device.

Wonder if we'll see a developer preview this fall like we did with 2.0?
    05-08-12 03:19 PM
    Polls are just opinions...Numbers DON'T lie! the Apple ipad2 trounced any other tablet in sales in 2011. I really looked both the BlackBerry Playbook and ipad2 over and over (I'd rather spend $200.00 than $500.00 for a tablet) Having tried both, I still spent the extra $300.00 and got the ipad2, which to this day, I am very happy and content with my choice. The ipad2 is just so much better media wise than the Playbook. I can watch Netflix or even my local cable shows on it (Bright House) and even Crackle and also, I can even create songs using the garage band app and ipad2 has terrific guitar tuning apps. So for me, overall, the ipad2 is a behemoth against the PlayBook. Sorry, Just one man's opinion.
    05-10-12 08:03 AM
    Polls are just opinions...Numbers DON'T lie! the Apple ipad2 trounced any other tablet in sales in 2011. I really looked both the BlackBerry Playbook and ipad2 over and over (I'd rather spend $200.00 than $500.00 for a tablet) Having tried both, I still spent the extra $300.00 and got the ipad2, which to this day, I am very happy and content with my choice. The ipad2 is just so much better media wise than the Playbook. I can watch Netflix or even my local cable shows on it (Bright House) and even Crackle and also, I can even create songs using the garage band app and ipad2 has terrific guitar tuning apps. So for me, overall, the ipad2 is a behemoth against the PlayBook. Sorry, Just one man's opinion.
    well you paid for the extras, no need to apologise...i keep saying this ...if the playbook wasnt so cheap i wouldnt have a tablet full stop
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-10-12 08:09 AM
    Great. Now go play in the Apple section with your friends. I watch cable shows, I'm not a musician so no interest in making crappy music no one wants to hear, there are similar apps for pb, I don't play a guitar so no need for tuning I believe there is one of those also. So great the iPad does things I could care less about but so does the pb.
    collapsed, alnamvet68 and tjseaman like this.
    05-10-12 08:12 AM
    For me, YES, I'd pay $300.00 again extra for the ipad2 than just settle for a Playbook.
    05-10-12 08:12 AM
    Great. Now go play in the Apple section with your friends. I watch cable shows, I'm not a musician so no interest in making crappy music no one wants to hear, there are similar apps for pb, I don't play a guitar so no need for tuning I believe there is one of those also. So great the iPad does things I could care less about but so does the pb.
    LOL to each thier own...but again, numbers DON'T LIE! bottom line, people want what they want, and even at only $200.00 (from originally $499.00) the PlayBook tanked here in the US. I have a Bold 9930, which I LOVE and I have an ipad2, which I LOVE AND a ipod touch 4th gen...so I pretty much have best of all worlds. If you notice, Crackberry Kevin even has an iphone 4S for when he comes to the US. I'm not being a hater at all toward RIM...just a realist.
    05-10-12 08:20 AM
    Correct, numbers dont lie... Apple's share of the tablet market is falling

We are glad you are happy with your iPad.. but your applications certainly dont make a compelling case for an iPad by any stretch...lol.
    if you are a guitarist I hope you would understand that a tuner is $12, and as a DAW garageband, particularly on the iPad is a joke.. that $300 seems a total waste..

05-10-12 08:21 AM
    For me, YES, I'd pay $300.00 again extra for the ipad2 than just settle for a Playbook.
    You would pay $800 for an ipad
    tjseaman likes this.
    05-10-12 08:22 AM
    no wonder apples share value is so high
    silverdevil likes this.
    05-10-12 08:25 AM
    Can you use flash?

Do you also have the best in class support for html5?

Can you carry it in your jacket pocket?

Does your phone act as a upgradable mouse/keyboard/remote control?

Yeah, the iPad 2 is a Cadillac amongst tablets... but if the OS is the real engine, the PlayBook is the Camaro. If I've got real work to do, I'd rather a powerful muscle car than an overly expensive luxury vehicle any day.
    collapsed and playbookster like this.
    05-10-12 08:25 AM
    The beauty of personal choice.
    kbz1960 and leftypepper716 like this.
    05-10-12 08:27 AM
    LOL to each thier own...but again, numbers DON'T LIE! bottom line, people want what they want, and even at only $200.00 (from originally $499.00) the PlayBook tanked here in the US. I have a Bold 9930, which I LOVE and I have an ipad2, which I LOVE AND a ipod touch 4th gen...so I pretty much have best of all worlds. If you notice, Crackberry Kevin even has an iphone 4S for when he comes to the US. I'm not being a hater at all toward RIM...just a realist.
    Not a hater either just tired of all the blah iPad blah apple. Again just because the first useful tablet that sold was an iPad and continues to be the iPad, but numbers are declining, does that mean it is the one and only and anything else is crap?

Is there an auto market or only a Toyota market since Toyota or insert whoever sells the most. It's like there is a poll. Said poll shows pb leading as the best challenger to the leader. Leader fan has to say so what I can blah blah blah pb is crap.
    05-10-12 08:29 AM
    i personnally think the big challenge to the ipad will be dual touchscreen/keyboard laptops with detachable keyboards.

This for me is a product that makes sense.
    05-10-12 08:39 AM
    Love the fact where we can CHOSE what we want, and not be hemed into just buying from a certain company or size or price. I have a Bold 9930 beacuse I love what it does, I got an ipad2, same reason, I love what it does. Never said the Playbook was crap, I said I made a consumer purchase, and chose an ipad2...much like I made a consumer purchase, and chose a Bold 9930. Not a sheep or diehard loyalist to any company. Just like what I like.
    05-10-12 08:42 AM
    The playbook is in front now,that's free promo for RIM.

7 %
    Amazon Kindle Fire
    218 votes

31 %
    Any Android 4.0 tablet
    1,005 votes

17 %
    Microsoft's future Windows 8 tablets
    547 votes

38 %
    Rim BlackBerry PlayBook
    1,291 votes

7 %
    Some imaginary open-source WebOS tablet
    214 votes
    05-10-12 08:47 AM
    i personnally think the big challenge to the ipad will be dual touchscreen/keyboard laptops with detachable keyboards.

This for me is a product that makes sense.
    You can buy that product right now. It has been available for some time. Not a challenger to anything.
    05-10-12 09:50 AM
    You can buy that product right now. It has been available for some time. Not a challenger to anything.
    i said WILL be, and as you just said, you can buy it now, been avaliable for some time...therefore this type of product has sold, is selling, and will continue to do so.

Dont be surprised if apple suddenly annouce an "innovation", an ipad with a detachable keyboard!!!!!!
    05-10-12 10:01 AM
    I remember this exact kind of thing going on with the WebOS community before it folded. I believe Laptop mag was one of the outlets that would publish these same type of polls. They were meaningless, but they made users of marginal platforms feel good about themselves. WebOS was always winning those polls despite the fact that they were not winning at the cash register: the only place where it counts.
    05-10-12 10:10 AM
    I remember this exact kind of thing going on with the WebOS community before it folded. I believe Laptop mag was one of the outlets that would publish these same type of polls. They were meaningless, but they made users of marginal platforms feel good about themselves. WebOS was always winning those polls despite the fact that they were not winning at the cash register: the only place where it counts.
    yeah..what use are polls? Wasnt bush down in the polls before his second term?
    05-10-12 10:19 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD