Unfortunately for the vocal minority, too many of the purchasers of DTEK60 just don't care because if we cared we'd never have bought the phone to begin with. Even if 100% of all DTEK60 purchasers cared, how many do you really think numbers wise? I'll bet the KEYone has already sold twice as many as DTEK60 were sold.
    No way to know since the same company TCL who built the DTEK60 stopped building them but continues to sell the Keyone. Why?
    Maybe they were worried more people want a VKB that is why many customers moved from Blackberry to IOS and Android slab phones long time ago. Same reason I purchased the DTEK60.

And no sales #'s of Keyone have been released? Why?
    07-11-17 05:43 PM
    No way to know since the same company TCL who built the DTEK60 stopped building them but continues to sell the Keyone. Why?
    Maybe they were worried more people want a VKB that is why many customers moved from Blackberry to IOS and Android slab phones long time ago. Same reason I purchased the DTEK60.

And no sales #'s of Keyone have been released? Why?
    They stopped building DTEK60 because it was a contract build and their customer, BlackBerry, exited the hardware business.

They could, sell an updated DTEK70 with Android 7 Nougat, and that would explain keeping the 50/60 on Android Marshmallow 6.

Why should BBMo pay BB to update 50/60 for no revenue when they can pay BB for 70 and get people to buy a new device. I mean if more people like VKB than PKB, more revenue for BBMo, right?
    07-11-17 05:55 PM
    Because they were only contracted to build X number of DTEK60s.
    07-11-17 07:04 PM
    There's no way the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will sell more than the DTEKs. I'll make a CBK bet and bet a car on it.
    PKB devices make up less than 1% of BlackBerry's less than 1% global market share. The odds are against anyone who thinks the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is/will sell more
    07-11-17 08:40 PM
    There's no way the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will sell more than the DTEKs. I'll make a CBK bet and bet a car on it.
    PKB devices make up less than 1% of BlackBerry's less than 1% global market share. The odds are against anyone who thinks the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is/will sell more
    I'm pretty sure they already have.

The DTEK60 was an extremely small order - in the low 5 figures.

The DTEK50 was larger, but not by a whole lot.
    07-11-17 08:49 PM
    BB PKB devices have as percentage of total devices sold always been higher vs BB VKB devices than industry as whole.

Is BBPKB vs BBVKB 50/50, 40/60, 60/40 or name your ratio, I don't know but think from a business case standpoint. When VZW/ATT chose to support any BB10 devices, they were
    Q10, Classic, Passport vs Z10, Z30.

During same time BB also did a special production of 9900....

Within BB minuscule place in market, only the diehards have been purchasing devices. The fans seem to favor PKB, not general public.

It's not that huge numbers of people have bought or will buy KEYone but they will outnumber DTEK sales because DTEK sales were just that low.
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-11-17 09:06 PM
    I would bet that if the DTEK60 continued to be manufactured and sold head to head with Keyone the DTEK60 would outsell it by the thousands hands down.
    07-11-17 09:16 PM
    I would bet that if the DTEK60 continued to be manufactured and sold head to head with Keyone the DTEK60 would outsell it by the thousands hands down.
    Only if BBMo can get US carriers to stock the device. The device next rumored, "70" if you will, definitely would sell more because it would be mainstream formed device factor. Obviously, it can't sell in any serious numbers without US carrier support. That's biggest reason DTEK 50/60 failed. TCL/BBMo has deeper pockets to reach into but won't unless USA carriers agree to handle.
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-11-17 09:24 PM
    Bob I'll take $1

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    07-11-17 09:29 PM
    Considering KEYone still has pending launches including carrier free in Canada and additional US distribution and add in also worldwide countries this KEYone has been an enormous hit so far. This device was meant more for enterprise and the consumer response to a PKB device has been overwhelming. I place current estimate at global 225k and growing.
    07-11-17 09:31 PM
    Whatever the numbers (and they'll be available officially somewhere along the line), if a company wants to sell more phones then they should be more readily available.
    Why is it hard to get BB KEYones in the USA and Canada?

In the UK, you can get one on Amazon today, but many of the major retailers (CPW) have been out of stock for several weeks. You can't sell what you don't have. And reports of very poor after sales service there won't bolster confidence (see other UK threads on this point).

And still no news on KEYones for Spain. Both of the massive retailers FNAC and Media Markt are selling them in France and Germany and the stores have a big presence here and yet there's no news of when they're getting the KEYone. Belguim has received the phone and is a tiny market compared to Spain, which is similar to Italy in economic terms (behind the UK, Germany and France).

And just from a PR point of view it should be a no-brainer to stock them in Barcelona where the model was given its world presentation.

So, to sum up, the real sales numbers are probably quite modest and will come out sooner or later, but TCL, you're not going to increase sales without making them available in major markets.
    07-12-17 03:23 AM
    Whatever the numbers (and they'll be available officially somewhere along the line), if a company wants to sell more phones then they should be more readily available.

In the UK, you can get one on Amazon today, but many of the major retailers (CPW) have been out of stock for several weeks. You can't sell what you don't have. And reports of very poor after sales service there won't bolster confidence (see other UK threads on this point).

And still no news on KEYones for Spain. Both of the massive retailers FNAC and Media Markt are selling them in France and Germany and the stores have a big presence here and yet there's no news of when they're getting the KEYone. Belguim has received the phone and is a tiny market compared to Spain, which is similar to Italy in economic terms (behind the UK, Germany and France).

And just from a PR point of view it should be a no-brainer to stock them in Barcelona where the model was given its world presentation.

So, to sum up, the real sales numbers are probably quite modest and will come out sooner or later, but TCL, you're not going to increase sales without making them available in major markets.
    Until they can keep up with demand in current markets, they'll stop adding new markets. Unless, other reason, they can't get retailers to agree to cost price for sale in Spain...
    07-12-17 06:10 AM
    BB PKB devices have as percentage of total devices sold always been higher vs BB VKB devices than industry as whole.

Is BBPKB vs BBVKB 50/50, 40/60, 60/40 or name your ratio, I don't know but think from a business case standpoint. When VZW/ATT chose to support any BB10 devices, they were
    Q10, Classic, Passport vs Z10, Z30.

During same time BB also did a special production of 9900....

Within BB minuscule place in market, only the diehards have been purchasing devices. The fans seem to favor PKB, not general public.

It's not that huge numbers of people have bought or will buy KEYone but they will outnumber DTEK sales because DTEK sales were just that low.
    OK. Solid arguments to my reply. But your example is based with two US carriers where their market share is horrendous - not that it's better any where else mind you. Now perhaps it was to appease their enterprise customers but even then it's a small number. And didn't one of them do a trade in your BlackBerry promo - something like that. Where JC and the CEO made up and had a bromance going on for a while? That to me doesn't show support from one the nations big four carriers.

I feel the PKB market is so small that even those diehard BlackBerry users holding onto their BBOS and BB10 devices aren't jumping to android. And those on Android and iOS aren't jumping ship either.

I remember reading something interesting s while back saying majority of 20 year old and younger have been using VKB devices their entire lives because they grew up in an era where BlackBerry didn't/doesn't exist. These group continues to makeup a larger number of phone users and will only continue to grow as they become 30 and under, 40 and under etc. I'd be surprised to see numbers showing how many they sold but I doubt we'll get anything.
    07-12-17 07:24 AM
    Let the wild, unfounded speculation begin!

Globally? I will guess maybe 400K. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10

10 0r 11....LOL...just kidding
    07-12-17 08:30 AM
    Unpopular form factor, Low supply, no marketing and advertising budget coupled with the only real media reaction bring 'the screen falls off' = low numbers.

Maybe as high as 90,000 once they start dropping the price to a realistic number.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-12-17 08:38 AM
    i've been getting a lot of ads of keyone deals, and if the support wasnt so poor on my Priv i may have considered, instead ill be going with Sony end of this month, worst mistake of my life was getting the priv, its a good phone, but very poor support from blackberry. the moment the keyone concept was born the priv was ditched. How can i expect they wont do the same with keyone and next phone ?
    07-12-17 09:48 AM
    i've been getting a lot of ads of keyone deals, and if the support wasnt so poor on my Priv i may have considered, instead ill be going with Sony end of this month, worst mistake of my life was getting the priv, its a good phone, but very poor support from blackberry. the moment the keyone concept was born the priv was ditched. How can i expect they wont do the same with keyone and next phone ?
    Not sure how you qualify ditched..PRIV every month security update alongside apps and or improvements. Just installed July patch. Second if I send a message to BlackBerryHelp they answer. Third not officially confirmed but various people who have posted on forums have asked about Nougat and they said it's coming. Waiting for full rollout of KEYone. But regardless my PRIV is way more up to date than a lot of other brands devices. So in my books NOT ditched but we'll supported. Now enjoying amazin recently acquired KEYᴼᴺᴱ and it's a beast of a device. definitely not another boring same slab. With 2 day battery life with 7 hours on screen time! incredible!!
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-12-17 10:33 AM
    nougats been out since March 2016... it really takes more than a year and still no official word on it coming to the priv ? Im sorry thats not good enough, what other brand has kept their users waiting this long ? The Priv has an AWFUL battery life, something that could be greatly improved with Doze mode in nougat ( youd think that would be an priority to address ), yet a year later and still nothing ? IF they are brining out nougat ( BIG IF ) by that time everyone will have upgraded to newer models, as i am scheduled to do end of the month anyway, and NO WAY am i getting a keyone. Ill go with Sony rather, in fact i should have stayed with them instead of getting the priv. even my old Z3 runs with less problems and has a MUCH MUCH longer battery life. So you may be pleased with your BB, But i certainly am not.
    nuff_said likes this.
    07-12-17 10:42 AM
    This is why I doubt there have been very many enterprise sales. Enterprises are conservative and buy things that they know will be supported long term. The pattern of iPhone coming out every fall with incremental improvements and steady evolution is very stable and easy for enterprises to support.

The same was true for BB at their peak, with a stable evolution of BBOS and BES in those days. Similar form factor for years; strong support; incremental improvements with each new model.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-12-17 11:34 AM
    Aside from low overall production being a factor, I think it's pretty obvious (though nothing has been officially confirmed) that TCL took the K1 out of production once it became clear that they had an issue with the screens coming off, and it HAS been made official that they've added adhesive to resolve the problem, and have just started shipping the "improved" models to wholesalers this week, which should start hitting retailers within a week or so. Availability should improve - at least a bit - after that.

Had the screen issue not been a factor, then I think the "out of stock" issues with Amazon and Best Buy would probably be over by now - or would be much more "occasional" and shorter-lasting than they have been over the last couple of weeks, because production would have been happening continuously, even though it's low-volume.
    07-12-17 01:17 PM
    OK. Solid arguments to my reply. But your example is based with two US carriers where their market share is horrendous - not that it's better any where else mind you. Now perhaps it was to appease their enterprise customers but even then it's a small number. And didn't one of them do a trade in your BlackBerry promo - something like that. Where JC and the CEO made up and had a bromance going on for a while? That to me doesn't show support from one the nations big four carriers.

I feel the PKB market is so small that even those diehard BlackBerry users holding onto their BBOS and BB10 devices aren't jumping to android. And those on Android and iOS aren't jumping ship either.

I remember reading something interesting s while back saying majority of 20 year old and younger have been using VKB devices their entire lives because they grew up in an era where BlackBerry didn't/doesn't exist. These group continues to makeup a larger number of phone users and will only continue to grow as they become 30 and under, 40 and under etc. I'd be surprised to see numbers showing how many they sold but I doubt we'll get anything.
    All this is well reasoned, although I will say to my dying day, as a comment not just on this issue but consumer dynamics and the 'monkey see, monkey do' nature of status purchases - with the right advertising, anything can be made desirable. Why is TCL bothering to offer K1 if they won't push it?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 10:25 PM
    Actually, to answer my own question, maybe TCL will just be happy with whatever percentage of BlackBerry users will consistently stay with PKBs. I'm definitely one of them

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 10:28 PM
    If you have seen 10- 15 in the wild then I think the number is quite a bit higher. I'm rolling with 100k. They have sold out whatever batches they have produced , and are continuing to sell out at the pace they are making them
    You might see 10 to 15 if you worked at Pearson airport in Toronto.
    07-13-17 12:58 AM
    Lol no idea except that it's nowhere near 400k. Wow.
    07-13-17 01:02 AM
    Hundreds, at least. EVERYONE wants a PKB phone!
    07-13-17 07:11 AM
83 1234