Let the wild, unfounded speculation begin!

Globally? I will guess maybe 400K. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 06:15 PM
    Since BlackBerryMobile Support said in their statement "out of thousands". I'd say less than 10K.

If you watch YouTube videos about this phone, the hate is strong against anything BlackBerry.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-10-17 06:57 PM
    50-70K globally as of today.
    07-10-17 07:10 PM
    No more than 5000 are in people's hands. There are way too many people who have turned away from anything labelled Blackberry. Once bitten twice shy.
    07-10-17 08:49 PM
    Probably 100-200k. Obviously selling as fast as they can make them.
    07-10-17 08:53 PM
    Probably 100-200k. Obviously selling as fast as they can make them.
    Funny!
    07-10-17 09:04 PM
    70-90k globally
    07-10-17 09:11 PM
    I dunno but my local bell and Rogers said they are moving fairly well considering some people don't even know BlackBerry still makes phones. I'd say the number would be between 10-20k globally I've seen maybe 10-15 devices in the wild since the carrier launch here in Canada

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 09:16 PM
    If you have seen 10- 15 in the wild then I think the number is quite a bit higher. I'm rolling with 100k. They have sold out whatever batches they have produced , and are continuing to sell out at the pace they are making them
    07-10-17 09:36 PM
    I'm the only sucker who has one in the Bay Area of California USA. Lol

Seen none in the wild around here yet.
    Xeak likes this.
    07-10-17 09:39 PM
    My guess 30-50 K .
    07-10-17 09:44 PM
    If you have seen 10- 15 in the wild then I think the number is quite a bit higher. I'm rolling with 100k. They have sold out whatever batches they have produced , and are continuing to sell out at the pace they are making them
    Well we can only hope, unless BlackBerry mobile wants to shed some light on it, if not only to further customer confidence in buying the device. If people hear it's selling like hotcakes, they tend to become a little more interested. And if it has sold in high volumes their are that many more reasons for the company to continue support of said product, maybe TCL should just give a public announcement that states an optimistic sales figure to further the publics confidence as a brand.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 09:47 PM
    I'm the only sucker who has one in the Bay Area of California USA. Lol

Seen none in the wild around here yet.
    Nah there is one for sale on Craigslist from Fairfield area. Looks to be new and at retail. I would like to see one in the flesh. I believe there is a fellow CrackBerry user here in Sacramento. They are sold out on Amazon and Best Buy. None of the Best Buys here in Sacramento carry the device physically which is a bummer.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    07-11-17 12:59 AM
    Less than 10K worldwide?!? No way that is absurdly low. I will revise my guess though more in line with Conite's, I'll take the high side and say upwards of 200K.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 01:10 AM
    Where is TCL's advertising money being spent though, or are they acknowledging a ceiling limited to former BB users? That's my question.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 01:12 AM
    Probably less than 50K worldwide. IMO that is very generous.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 01:16 AM
    Nah there is one for sale on Craigslist from Fairfield area. Looks to be new and at retail. I would like to see one in the flesh. I believe there is a fellow CrackBerry user here in Sacramento. They are sold out on Amazon and Best Buy. None of the Best Buys here in Sacramento carry the device physically which is a bummer.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    Hey, you saw that fairfield keyone, too, huh? I live in Sacramento, have yet to see a keyone. Then again, I am the only person I know who owns and uses BlackBerry of any kind.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    07-11-17 01:22 AM
    As I've said on other posts, I'm guessing about 20k worldwide. But, let's be clear: I'm not suggesting that this is due to a lack of demand (though I also don't think demand is massive), but rather a lack of supply. TCL has been VERY conservative with production numbers to this point - and that's a good thing, given the screen issues which they've had to address - but now that that's been resolved, we may see production ramped up a bit.

Still, I suspect that sales are likely to be around 100k globally by the end of 2017. While there is still unmet demand, once production gets going again, I think that most of the demand will have been met in a few months, and then demand will start to decline - which is the normal cycle for all smartphones (especially phones not marked Apple or Samsung). But, this was always a niche market phone, and was never expected to sell in huge numbers.
    mrsimon and zephyr613 like this.
    07-11-17 01:55 AM
    As I've said on other posts, I'm guessing about 20k worldwide. But, let's be clear: I'm not suggesting that this is due to a lack of demand (though I also don't think demand is massive), but rather a lack of supply. TCL has been VERY conservative with production numbers to this point - and that's a good thing, given the screen issues which they've had to address - but now that that's been resolved, we may see production ramped up a bit.

Still, I suspect that sales are likely to be around 100k globally by the end of 2017. While there is still unmet demand, once production gets going again, I think that most of the demand will have been met in a few months, and then demand will start to decline - which is the normal cycle for all smartphones (especially phones not marked Apple or Samsung). But, this was always a niche market phone, and was never expected to sell in huge numbers.
    Troy this number surprises me, although I will take your word for it. I haven't seen much on the forum's re: TCL'S advertising for KeyOne, are we supposing they are able to turn a profit on such a low volume? I was under the impression (thanks to your great info) that BB10 phones suffered from high price points due to not ordering large enough parts orders, but I'm guessing TCL must not have the same issue (or not to the same degree).

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 02:07 PM
    Concerns about BlackBerry's/BlackBerryMobile/TCL's ability and commitment to provide on-going customer care or support in partnership around security updates for anything longer than 7 months post launch - as is the case with the DTEK60 disgrace will NOT support CONFIDENCE.

Look at DTEK60 forum before parting with your hard earned cash ... too late for me and other faithful customers who were misled in to buying DTEK60 - caveat emptor
    07-11-17 03:13 PM
    Troy this number surprises me, although I will take your word for it. I haven't seen much on the forum's re: TCL'S advertising for KeyOne, are we supposing they are able to turn a profit on such a low volume? I was under the impression (thanks to your great info) that BB10 phones suffered from high price points due to not ordering large enough parts orders, but I'm guessing TCL must not have the same issue (or not to the same degree).

Posted via CB10
    TCL can and does use many of the same parts in other phones, and with Android, there isn't a need to pay for drivers, so the only real issues are the unique parts, like the screen and the PKB. So, still an issue but much less of one compared to BB with BB10 (and no other phones lines to share parts with).
    07-11-17 03:26 PM

Personally I think they will sell 100K+ units in Canada alone EH? I also think we need to see what happens when unlocked units are fully available, and the price point when that happens.
    Last edited by panopticon; 07-11-17 at 03:59 PM.
    07-11-17 03:33 PM

Look at DTEK60 forum before parting with your hard earned cash ... too late for me and other faithful customers who were misled in to buying DTEK60 - caveat emptor
    Still not sure what that has to do with TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    07-11-17 04:21 PM
    Still not sure what that has to do with TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    Probably because anything with a Blackberry label on it in recent years cannot be trusted to support customers who parted with hard earned cash to support Blackberry and anything labelled Blackberry.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-11-17 05:20 PM
    Probably because anything with a Blackberry label on it in recent years cannot be trusted to support customers who parted with hard earned cash to support Blackberry and anything labelled Blackberry.
    Unfortunately for the vocal minority, too many of the purchasers of DTEK60 just don't care because if we cared we'd never have bought the phone to begin with. Even if 100% of all DTEK60 purchasers cared, how many do you really think numbers wise? I'll bet the KEYone has already sold twice as many as DTEK60 were sold.
    07-11-17 05:37 PM
83 123 ...