I am currently signed onto AT&T for the $10-per-month TeleNav charge...and the app is great, but I realize now that I will seldom if ever use GPS, so the charge is too much for me. It's got to go...

What is the best FREE GPS app that provides turn-by-turn and voice navigation for the 83xx Curve?
    11-21-07 08:44 PM
    I also have Telenav. As far as I know, there is no free gps software that has all of those features. Especially voice turn by turn. Take a look at Mapquest navigator 5. It's not free but it is less than telenav. $4.00 I think. That's what Im gonna do.
    11-21-07 09:44 PM
    Check out the GPS & Mapping thread in the forum. There is a free app called amAze GPS which has voice commands.

I downloaded and have installed onto the 8310 but have been so busy I still have not road tested yet. Looks promising!
    11-21-07 10:03 PM
    i read in the forum that amaze is a resource hog and causes conflicts with other bb programs,google maps seems good though no voice prompts as far as i know,nav4all im not sure about maybe someone else can give info on that.
    11-21-07 10:27 PM
    i loaded nav4all on mine and what I've used of it seems ok. it tells you how far to turn, not street name. but what do you expect for free.
    11-21-07 11:08 PM
    does na4all give voice directions so that you dont have to look down when driving???or does any free app????
    11-21-07 11:12 PM
    does na4all give voice directions so that you dont have to look down when driving???or does any free app????
    yes, Nav4All give voice navigation
    11-22-07 08:49 AM
    Never had an issue with AMAZE. Its slow to get going but once function gives you voice directions, weather etc. I don't find it to be a resource hog---All my apps open quickly.
    12-01-07 01:22 PM
    infospace also does turn by turn voice directions. it's not as nice as telenav is but it does have that feature and it's free
    12-01-07 04:11 PM
    i use both googles maps and info space
    12-01-07 05:24 PM
    were or how do u go about getting info space, Nav4All and do googles map have voice
    01-16-08 12:05 AM
    nav r all is available from nav4all.com but what i am looking for if anyone knows of one is one that would work on a bb with no telecom service i have a spare curve and am thinking about using it as a car puter for music and gps all in one sweet package
    03-11-08 06:23 PM
    i have google maps no voice but it is a fun app to play with to be able to see my house from space on my curve is so cool
    03-11-08 06:24 PM
    If you go to Pinstack.com forums, there is a post there where they have the free version of mapquest navigator. I've been using it and in my opinion its the best one out there. It's like Telenav, with voice turn by turn, but its FREEEEEEEE.
    03-11-08 10:37 PM
    Ah, but none of them come close to TeleNav, and I have used them all.

AmazeGPS is another good one.

Here is one that loads map non-OTA.
    PERDIEMCO Main
    03-11-08 11:04 PM
    Ah, but none of them come close to TeleNav, and I have used them all.

AmazeGPS is another good one.

Here is one that loads map non-OTA.
    PERDIEMCO Main
    This is the absolute truth, nothing compares to TeleNav, hence the monthly fee.

Depending on how much you use it, there are some OK free ones,

www.amaZegps.com is definitely good, but not great.
    03-11-08 11:25 PM
    If you go to Pinstack.com forums, there is a post there where they have the free version of mapquest navigator. I've been using it and in my opinion its the best one out there. It's like Telenav, with voice turn by turn, but its FREEEEEEEE.
    I think I am missing it somewhere. I can't find it for free...... 50 a year it says
    07-08-08 11:11 PM
    I have google maps but may try infospace find it for the turn by turn voice directions
    07-09-08 12:39 AM
    I think I am missing it somewhere. I can't find it for free...... 50 a year it says

It is no longer free. Sorry, I too was excited to get this program. The pinstack forums confirmed that it is no longer free though.

Nick
    07-10-08 12:48 AM
    Nav4all work on the BB 8330?
    07-10-08 09:28 AM
    i read in the forum that amaze is a resource hog and causes conflicts with other bb programs,google maps seems good though no voice prompts as far as i know,nav4all im not sure about maybe someone else can give info on that.
    I am using the NAV4All, the application is great it has voice and you can choose almost any idiom, the only limitation is the graphics, it does not have 3d graphics, only directional arrows, but it works perfectly.
    11-11-08 01:48 AM
    Hello, I'm new here, just got the curve 8330

Looking for a "Garmin like" program with turn by turn instructions. When I search, I find a bunch that cost money. Is it a 1 time fee or a monthly charge?

Any free programs like garmin?
    06-27-09 09:12 AM
    I have tried quite a few of the gps apps available for the 8330 and NONE of them are very good IMO. Telenav was marginal at best. At about $10 a month for any of the pay apps its quite easy to justify spending the $100 up front for a dedicated gps unit(like garmin or tom tom). If you don't need gps very often try using a combination of a couple of the free apps. Google has very good maps but no turn by turn. Bbmaps uses gps and will give pretty good directions but the maps are kinda lacking, a combo of the two can be fairly effective for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 09:41 AM
    I have tried quite a few of the gps apps available for the 8330 and NONE of them are very good IMO. Telenav was marginal at best. At about $10 a month for any of the pay apps its quite easy to justify spending the $100 up front for a dedicated gps unit(like garmin or tom tom). If you don't need gps very often try using a combination of a couple of the free apps. Google has very good maps but no turn by turn. Bbmaps uses gps and will give pretty good directions but the maps are kinda lacking, a combo of the two can be fairly effective for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the reason i want something like this is because i don't want 2 different units. I have a TOMTOM and it is awesome but i want it all on my phone so i can sell my tomtom and use the new gps receiver i have wherever i am.
    10-03-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD