I currently use Gmail and Google Calendar for managing my emails and appointments. Is it possible to use Outlook just to manage contacts (and possibly appointments) between my desktop and my BB 8330? I don't really want to set up Outlook to log into Gmail, since it would probably add an unnecessary layer of complication. Or should I give Google Sync a try? I've heard so many bad stories about Google Sync that I just don't know which way to go. Thanks.
    01-07-09 10:51 AM
    I cannot speak to Google as I don't use that setup, but I do use Outlook and sync with my BB. I sync tasks, contacts and calendar with my device and it works great.
    01-07-09 12:28 PM
    The current version of Google Sync seems to be behaving well now.
    01-07-09 12:55 PM
    Agree. I am using google sync and with the exception of recurring all day appts have had no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:22 PM
    I sync with Outlook 2007, and I find that there is a greater degree of customization with it than using Google sync and Google itself. I do use both, but only use one with my BB. I find Outlook works better for me. You can add multiple calendars, more contact information and contact/calendar customization than with Google. Don't get me wrong, if you don't have Outlook, I would highly recommend Google, but if you have Outlook, I think it's the best solution.

Just my humble opinion though. Nothing works the same for everyone.
    01-07-09 03:43 PM
    So true 3CISSBB .... I use Outlook as well but with Groupwise. The direct sync with Desktop Manager just doesn't work with this configuration and we've not had good luck getting Contacts to sync OTA with the Curves.
    01-07-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD