11-14-14 11:56 AM
    Did BlackBerry pay cnn or something?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:39 PM
    Of course Chen, but it will take a bit of time for people to realize it.
    11-14-14 05:27 PM
    Awesome article! Of course Chen.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:06 PM
    Chen! No doubt!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:13 PM
    All that matters is that all these watered down media sources no longer see BlackBerry bashing as the click-bait du jour.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:19 PM
    All that matters is that all these watered down media sources no longer see BlackBerry bashing as the click-bait du jour.

Posted via CB10
    Now it's the "OMG BLACKBERRY? REALLY? NO WAY!" shock factor that is getting them clicks. Hahaha.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-14-14 06:35 PM
    Lol at Cook. I must puke.

Of course it's Mr Chen! No doubt.

If Steve Jobs would be alive, I would vote him. But this Cook surfs on his waves. But not for long time.

Chen is the CEO of the year!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:37 PM
    iPhone6 with the bendgate flaws, ios8 issues, iCloud hack, Apple Pay issues with WalMart, CVS, BestBuy, Rite Aid and security flaws = successes?

Passport is a true innovation and the positive growth in shares cannot be ignored.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-14-14 06:43 PM
    iPhone6 with the bendgate flaws, ios8 issues, iCloud hack, Apple Pay issues with WalMart, CVS, BestBuy, Rite Aid and security flaws = successes?

Passport is a true innovation and the positive growth in shares cannot be ignored.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Shareholder value.

It should be impossible to argue that point, but this is CrackBerry LOL.
    11-14-14 09:04 PM
    Shareholder value.

Ok...

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    11-14-14 09:36 PM
    Shareholder value.

I believe BlackBerry has returned more share value than apple.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:08 PM
    I believe BlackBerry has returned more share value than apple.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't disagree percentage-wise (I believe you are right), but I would point out maintaining value is equally as important.

Ignoring the names on the stock, which one would you rather have as a shareholder today?
    11-14-14 10:12 PM
    Did BlackBerry pay cnn or something?

Posted via CB10
    What's with this "who did blackberry pay" crap? Everything that's said good about blackberry has to be shot down by someone eager to ask "who did blackberry pay to say that?"

Tim Cook "coming out" doesn't qualify him as "best" CEO. He's not moving the company yet. John Chen on the other hand is bringing blackberry back into a growth state. I'm a huge fan of blackberry, but that has nothing to do with my opinion. John Chen has done more for the company in one year than any CEO before him combined. He certainly has done a lot more than Tim Cook has this year.

Before anyone goes crazy, I'm not taking anything away from Cook. I like him. I respect him so much for what he did recently. It takes a lot of courage to make a highly personal characteristic public knowledge. I believe Tim Cook is a brilliant guy that will do a lot for Apple. Thing is that this isn't a "will do" scenario, it's a "what's done" scenario. With so much that came out of that investor conference yesterday, how couldn't you give Chen the nod? I'll say again, John Chen has made smart partnerships, implemented and announced new technologies, made very intelligent acquisitions and at the same time, he keeps focused on the hardware he needs out there to help the growth of the company.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    ALToronto and KWRick like this.
    11-14-14 11:47 PM
    Master Chen no doubt. Tim cook did nothing...I know he's praised but ultimately only thing he did this year was release 2 bigger version (phones) and 1 smaller version (watch) of the same garbage i-technology. nothing truly innovative. And ultimately his sales are from i-morons who would actually pay 700 + dollars for a turd if it had an apple logo on it...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:14 AM
    What's with this "who did blackberry pay" crap? Everything that's said good about blackberry has to be shot down by someone eager to ask "who did blackberry pay to say that?"

Tim Cook "coming out" doesn't qualify him as "best" CEO. He's not moving the company yet. John Chen on the other hand is bringing blackberry back into a growth state. I'm a huge fan of blackberry, but that has nothing to do with my opinion. John Chen has done more for the company in one year than any CEO before him combined. He certainly has done a lot more than Tim Cook has this year.

Before anyone goes crazy, I'm not taking anything away from Cook. I like him. I respect him so much for what he did recently. It takes a lot of courage to make a highly personal characteristic public knowledge. I believe Tim Cook is a brilliant guy that will do a lot for Apple. Thing is that this isn't a "will do" scenario, it's a "what's done" scenario. With so much that came out of that investor conference yesterday, how couldn't you give Chen the nod? I'll say again, John Chen has made smart partnerships, implemented and announced new technologies, made very intelligent acquisitions and at the same time, he keeps focused on the hardware he needs out there to help the growth of the company.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    You're willing to give him the nod based on what occurred yesterday?

Let's take a step into the recent past. Last year, IIRC, when Thor was celebrating a year on the job, there were similar threads, calling him the best that ever was and the greatest that ever did it. Now, he is practically burned in effigy (though, personally, I think he did okay within what he was asked to do by the folks that really hold the purse strings. IMHO).

Cycle repeats.

It borders on the hilariously insane for folks to say JC has done a better job than Apple's CEO. One doesn't even have to like Apple to see that. Give JC credit for what he is accomplishing, yes, but in the real world, retaining high shareholder value defines a CEO.

Now, if you want to state that Apple is overvalued, I might acquiesce somewhat LOL.
    11-15-14 12:33 AM
    Master Chen no doubt. Tim cook did nothing...I know he's praised but ultimately only thing he did this year was release 2 bigger version (phones) and 1 smaller version (watch) of the same garbage i-technology. nothing truly innovative. And ultimately his sales are from i-morons who would actually pay 700 + dollars for a turd if it had an apple logo on it...

Posted via CB10
    Careful there. Samsung "copied" Apple, and since we are allies with Samsung now, so, by default, those "iMorons" are our buddies now. Sort of.
    11-15-14 12:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    The fact that the "I-morons" continue to buy their products should tell you something. Apple doesn't only do phones either, which has to be taken in to account. But you have a lovely narrow minded view of things.
    11-15-14 12:48 AM
    You're willing to give him the nod based on what occurred yesterday?

Let's take a step into the recent past. Last year, IIRC, when Thor was celebrating a year on the job, there were similar threads, calling him the best that ever was and the greatest that ever did it. Now, he is practically burned in effigy (though, personally, I think he did okay within what he was asked to do by the folks that really hold the purse strings. IMHO).

Cycle repeats.

It borders on the hilariously insane for folks to say JC has done a better job than Apple's CEO. One doesn't even have to like Apple to see that. Give JC credit for what he is accomplishing, yes, but in the real world, retaining high shareholder value defines a CEO.

Now, if you want to state that Apple is overvalued, I might acquiesce somewhat LOL.
    Of course I'm willing to give him a nod over what he did what is now 2 days ago. It's still 2014. His partnerships weren't made yesterday. They were announced yesterday. If we base value of a company by how much money they're making RIGHT NOW, we may as well give the nod to the apple CEO every year. Tim Cook was given a company that was already thriving and making billions of dollars a year off of hot sellers like the iPhone and macbooks. He was at the reins of a company that was already very profitable and very successful.

He gave people what they wanted, bigger screens and an impressive watch. I wouldn't call these moves noteworthy. Why? You could have a teenager come up with those ideas. Apple has been very late to the game with the larger screens. Their iPhone6 plus has a smaller screen than a Note 3. 'Wait a second, who said they're competing with the note?' Apple did, by making the phone itself bigger than the note. Kind of silly to be wearing a smaller screen. This is besides the point. JC was given a job to dig the company out of a whole and I would think it's safe to assume he's doing a better job than any CEO before him. It's not all about the money. We have to learn to value his wits and brain power. We have to learn to value to the struggles he's been through to do what he's doing to make the company profitable again. This is a hard working man that's making things happen every day.

Apple does provide several services, you're right. But so does blackberry. Apple has had their media services for quite a while now. That's not a Tim Cook creation. We're not talking about the last 2 years here, we're talking this year. To claim that apple pay is revolutionary was definitely a stretch. But what he did correctly was market NFC. It got people interested. That was a great move. Blackberry, google, Samsung, neither of them ever made an attempt to market that feature. Apple took. Advantage of that and I applaud them. Cook did a great job there.

Yesterday was 2014, today is 2014, next month is 2014. Anything either of them do is definitely worth being noted or given a 'nod'. It is after all, the best CEO of '2014'. Not the last 10-11 months.

I'm not giving the nod to JC because I'm a blackberry fan, I'm giving it to him because I think he's doing a great job. Are there some things I wish he would have done differently? Yes. But I'm not a CEO. He's there for a reason.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    Last edited by Coraya; 11-15-14 at 07:43 AM.
    spikesolie and KWRick like this.
    11-15-14 06:41 AM
    IMHO, lots of CEO's could have done what Cook did with Apple, after being handed over the company. I don't see any magic he performed that any other competent CEO couldn't have done.

I really don't think Cook had to sweat as hard as Chen is.

And for that reason, Chen should be CEO of the year.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:59 AM
    I wouldn't disagree percentage-wise (I believe you are right), but I would point out maintaining value is equally as important.

Ignoring the names on the stock, which one would you rather have as a shareholder today?
    Never dealt with stocks, so I'm a complete n00b here. Ignoring the tickers, I would take the one that is growing. I would rather see value created from any baseline vs always being on the baseline.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD