10-14-09 07:03 PM
41 12
tools
    I use U-connect with my car, at first people said they couldnt hear me well but oddly it is working fine now. I also just now added my cheap Motorola H700 and made a phone call and works pretty good. I hate using BT but will test this one out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:09 AM
    I'm using the Jawbone2 and Blue Ant V1.

The Jawbone connects fine and is very comfortable but mine is almost a year old now and I'm told when talking I fade in and out a little. Started doing that after a car accident and when I still had my Curve so it's not a Tour issue for me.
    I got rearended and it flew out of my ear and smacked the wind sheild hard enough to leave a black mark. Still works though.

The Blue Ant is a lot better as far as sound qlty. Both ways. Only problem is you need the latest software update so voice controls work correctly as far as accessing the phones voice controls and their (Lue Ant) download tool doesn't jive with Vista 64 Premium which I have so I haven't been able to upgrade the software to the latest build. Also the Blue Ant ear piece is not very comfortable. I've tried the ear pieces it came with as well as trying to use various ear pieces from head phones and older ear pieces. No luck yet but the quality is so good I'll keep trying. Might give the Plantronics Voyager Pro a try too if I can't find a piece to make the Blue Ant fit comfortably.

Also Slacker and Pandora seem to play through both but not mp3's stored on the memory card. No GPS voice directions through them either. When is RIM going to implement that??? I know most if not all LG dumb phones have had that option for about 4 ot 5 years now.

08-30-09 10:13 AM
    The Voyager Pro is one of the best I've used (not the most stylish, but great performance). Having the same micro USB is a plus when traveling. And UConnect works fine as well. Both very stable so far.
    08-30-09 10:17 AM
    Why would someone use the Voyager Pro?! I guess if sound and quality is awesome I understand, but I would not be caught dead in public wearing that ear piece. It's huge and looks terrible.

I want a small, comfortable, obviously quality, but under $75 preferable.
    09-02-09 07:09 PM
    The Jawbone prime is what I use. I have since day one, and never an issue. Nobody has ever old me I sound muted or funny, they can't even tell I am on a BT device.
    09-02-09 07:19 PM
    Ive been testing my cheap old Motorola H700 for the past couple of days and it works perfect with the Tour.

09-02-09 07:49 PM
    I use moto h15 and it works great. The moto h15 performance has been outstanding. I have uses it with windows mobile when all else failed even the jawbone excluding the jawbone 2.

sidebar: be on the lookout for the Motorola Endeavor HX1 coming soon u.s.a

Motorola Endeavor HX1 ears-on
    09-02-09 07:54 PM
    I went through several Bluetooth headsets recently. The one that worked best for me and was the most comfortable was the MotoPure H15. I was on a windy beach talking recently and the person could not tell it.
    I have tried many headsets and yet to find one that effectively cuts out wind noise. What does the H15 use to deal with wind? A screen of some sort, or some sort of software?
    09-17-09 09:00 AM
    The following haven't worked for me thus far:

Plantronics Voyager 510
    Plantronics Explorer

Even the included wired stereo headset seems to have poor mic quality. I'm assuming it's because it's a cheap headset?

Will check-out some of the less-expensive recommendations on this forum.
    10-08-09 07:11 PM
    I use moto h15 and it works great. The moto h15 performance has been outstanding. I have uses it with windows mobile when all else failed even the jawbone excluding the jawbone 2.

sidebar: be on the lookout for the Motorola Endeavor HX1 coming soon u.s.a

Motorola Endeavor HX1 ears-on
    I just got an e-mail today that this is available.

RIM's new Bluetooth also is available now...got that e-mail a couple of days ago.

Now if we could just get them to start adding streaming music capability...
    10-08-09 07:14 PM
    i think it a tweak or modd phone-wise...my buddy stream music thru a windows mobile device to a sam wep200...he did something to the phone...

i will be getting the moto hx1 shortly...! and reporting back w/ details re: Tour..!
    10-08-09 08:49 PM
    I've got the Jawbone Prime and it's great. I'll also be picking up the Plantronics Voyager Pro sometime this year because from everything I've read on that headset, it's got the best sound quality currently available.
    10-08-09 10:20 PM
    Okay, the Motorola H715 is acceptable but it's not crisp. This one cost a mere $40. Now I'll need to decide if I'm willing to spend more for better quality.
    10-09-09 06:47 PM
    Does everyone in here with a Jawbone use them for business? Like, you wear them most of the day? Because I found that just the Plantronics 390 with noise cancellation is great for car use. I don't use it for mush more than that. I think it was like 40 bucks
    10-09-09 08:09 PM
    I just tried the Jawbone ($70 from Costco). Good but still not great. Will check out a few more.
    10-14-09 06:31 PM
    Ive been testing my cheap old Motorola H700 for the past couple of days and it works perfect with the Tour.

+1 on the H700 and the H710 both work very well with my Tour. I also tried the Plantronics 975, expensive don't always equals better. My H710 sounds better according to the people I talk to.

I will be taking the Plantronics back and trying out the Jawbone Prime.
    10-14-09 07:03 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD