I'm trying to decide whether or not to go back to AT&T. I have Verizon now and like it, but don't like the not being able to surf the web while on the phone and the speed of the Internet. I want the Pros and Cons everyone has about the services of AT&T and VZW. Thanks.
    01-22-10 11:26 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but how often do you find yourself in a position where you need to do both? I think I've had one occurrence ever where I wanted to look something up because somebody I was talking to asked me a question that I needed to surf for an answer. And even then it was no big deal. Countless times (hundreds? thousands?) I've had to look-up something online in response to email/msging correspondence which is a non issue because all I do is bit.ly a link with the material they need.

But that's my own personal experience. I don't place much weight in being able to do both. I think the only person who could decide whether you need to do that is you yourself, and certainly not Luke Wilson.
    01-22-10 11:35 PM
    I have to agree, I don't think surfing and talking at the same time is a compelling reason to go with ATT or to switch. My analysis is that first and foremost, this is a phone, everything else is secondary to me. In my opinion, in the Atlanta area, I get better coverage and reception from ATT vs. Verizon. That being said, I can say that if I lived in the NorthEast, Verizon would serve my needs much better. I will also say that Verizon seems to have the best Customer Service for many years now and that is also something to consider. All in all, I'm fairly happy with ATT here in Atlanta.
    01-23-10 12:02 AM
    The best carrier is the one that provides the best coverage where you live, work, and travel. You would be better off asking your family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers who their carrier is and how their coverage is. Once you decide on a carrier, then pick a device. An awesome device will be useless if you cannot get reception in your location.
    01-23-10 12:06 AM
    We stick with ATT for reasonable coverage in our area and longevity. Expensive to leave just now.

Also my phone is often restricted to 2G for better battery life and no need for 3G. WiFi is my standard data connection. No surfing and talking at the same time under normal circumstances.

Everyone's situation is different. If you know people in your area with needs like yours they may be the best source of good advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 07:07 AM
    Thanks for all the great feedback.
    01-23-10 08:56 AM
    T mobile gives you that ability to talk and surf at the same time too.
    01-23-10 10:24 AM
    Everything is a compromise and you have to decide what you need more, data coverage area or talk and data at the same time. If you're in an area that has great AT&T coverage (I'd find a friend with AT&T and talk to them about how great it really is), and you almost never travel outside of that area, then go AT&T. If you do travel for work or even take little trips on the weekends, you're probably going to find AT&T's data coverage inadequate. For overall coverage of data and voice, there is no one that's going to beat out Verizon. I've been with them for as long as they've been in business and have never found myself depressed because I can't talk to someone on the phone while I surf the net...but that's just me.
    01-23-10 03:51 PM
    I agree with the fact that it should be based on how the coverage is in your area.. I like being able to talk and surf at the same time but I dont do it often
    01-23-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD