So since Sprint has recently raised the price for users of smartphones, I am trying to figure out how to save some money when it comes time to renew/change my contract.
    I currently pay $80 a month for the plan I have, which is unlimited data and 450 minutes of talk time a month, since Sprint offers unlimited mobile-to-mobile, I don't feel the need to have a higher minute plan.
    If I were to go back to my LG Lotus, it would be $50 a month for unlimited messaging (I could do unlimited data on this phone too, but I am trying to cut corners). So basically I would be giving up my BBM (which no one I know is on anyway), my navigation (which I do like, but I can learn to live w/o it), and internet.
    However, I would prefer to NOT give up my Blackberry. I quite like it, and for right now, I can afford the extra $30 a month.
    But is there a more affordable plan out there if one has a Blackberry?
    What is everyone opinions of the more affordable plans, i.e. the no contract phones?
    04-22-11 03:12 PM
    Even with the added $10 fee, it's still cheaper than what you'll pay on AT&T and Verizon. Plus, they dont offer unlimited data anymore either.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    04-22-11 03:25 PM
    Virgin Mobile US.
    $35 for 300 minutes and Unlimited everything else.
    You still get Sprint coverage since Virgin uses Sprint's towers.
    Although, you would need to spend $180 for a new 8530.
    04-22-11 03:43 PM
    You may be able to get your current BB on Virgin, or maybe even Boost.
    04-22-11 05:38 PM
    Thank you everyone. It looks like a no contract is the way to go. I think that once this contract ends, that is what I will do.
    04-23-11 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD