I'm looking to purchase a bluetooth headset for my 8330 Curve. I'm not a huge bluetooth fan but I'm finding that in certain circumstances I could really use the hands free. I also don't want to wind up buying an overpriced bluetooth that I can't hear the other person on the call and vice versa.

That being said, I've done a little bit of research and everything is pointing me to the Jawbone II. The reviews are all pretty good but I don't personally know anyone with this headset.

What do you bluetooth owners out there think? What do you recommend?
    04-04-09 08:03 PM
    IMHO, there is no such things as the best BT headeset; only which one works best for YOU. If you've read pretty good reviews abut JB2, then pick yourself up one. You can always return it if it's not meeting your expectations.

On forums we all think the BT headset we use is the best. It's not until you get it that you find out for yourself if it's that good or not. We all have different conditions and the environment is not the same. What I'm saying is that there are so many factors that can enhance or degrade BT performance.

If you get the JB2, give yourself a couple of days using it and post back telling us what you think.

04-04-09 08:22 PM
    use the jawbone 2 myself..no issues..
    just stay away from Motorola..although they worked well with my non bb phones..they seem to have issues with callers hearing you..
    04-05-09 12:58 AM
    New Curve and 1st post here. I'm saddened to hear about probs with Moto headsets. I used to work for them and have a few. I'll still give them a try before looking elsewhere though.
    04-05-09 01:25 AM
    use the jawbone 2 myself..no issues..
    just stay away from Motorola..although they worked well with my non bb phones..they seem to have issues with callers hearing you..
    Every Moto I've had has been horrible. I've learned to stay away from their BT headsets.
    04-05-09 01:34 AM
    I'm using the jawbone 2 also and have to say it's the best I've experienced so far. Its worth the $ IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:48 AM
    I was using the jawbone but I found it hard to hear the caller and it seemed staticy to me. I just bought the motorola rockr takes a day to get used to but sound quality is great callers hear you clearly. Back round noise was told not noticeable. And is you use your bb for music it plays in hd

04-05-09 07:26 AM
    I to have had issues with Motorola BT devices. Not only people not being able to hear me, especially while I'm driving but also very low volume on my side. Still searching for a good replacement.
    04-05-09 08:47 AM
    I also had issues with a Moto BT. I currently use the Jabra BT2050 made for Verizon (VBT2050). I have had no real issues and very few complaints, except from my wife who hates when I use it because she never knows if I'm talking to her or on the phone. It also has a small white light that cant be seen blinking, like the others have the noticable Blue one.
    04-05-09 11:42 AM
    well i have the jawbone 2 and a bt8010 jabra.
    i alternate because i will listen to music on my bt8010

jawbone 2 is excellent for the phone!
    bt8010 is kinda bulky but music is great!
    bt8010 also has the option of single ear or two ears!
    the only other bt that does this is the plantronics 855 voyager!
    but i did a lot of home work and these two perform the best for me!
    i have a pocket full of bluetooths now!
    04-05-09 02:48 PM
    I was using the jawbone but I found it hard to hear the caller and it seemed staticy to me. I just bought the motorola rockr takes a day to get used to but sound quality is great callers hear you clearly. Back round noise was told not noticeable. And is you use your bb for music it plays in hd

I had the same issue with the Jawbone, but this is when they first came out. After trying other brands, I was very happy with BlueAnts Z9. I've been using that one for close to a year. It's the only BT headset I've used the longest.

04-05-09 09:39 PM
    New Curve and 1st post here. I'm saddened to hear about probs with Moto headsets. I used to work for them and have a few. I'll still give them a try before looking elsewhere though.
    I used the Motoroal H700 and BB Pearl for a year without a single problem. I am now having problem with Jawbone II and Motorola H710 and my Storm
    04-08-09 09:54 AM
    i may switch to jawbone from the reviews, i have a samsung one got for free worked awesome told me texts etc with my old one now it does nothing for the pearl
    04-08-09 11:24 PM
    I just received the new fit earbuds from jawbone in the mail today and so far they work well. It's very nice having a secure fit without using the earloop (especially with glasses/sunglasses).
    04-09-09 05:03 PM
    I just received the new fit earbuds from jawbone in the mail today and so far they work well. It's very nice having a secure fit without using the earloop (especially with glasses/sunglasses).
    What a nightmare dealing with the company. I ordered the buds online. Had to resubmit order twice because my credit card was rejected due to their processing error. Tried to get order confirmation today and their line was busy all day long. I was told by the CSR that theye could not take any orders or provide status because their system was down.
    04-09-09 05:53 PM
    Ive had several bluetooth headsets and the Jawbone 2 is by far the best that I have used. Ive had motorola, plantronics, lg, jabra and all had some kind of issues. The Jawbone in the only one that seems to work perfect all the time. Sound quality is superb and its light weight. I recommend the Jawbone 2.
    04-13-09 12:50 PM
    Currently I am using the Zivio Boom.
    04-13-09 12:52 PM
    I say jawbone as well
    04-13-09 02:09 PM
    i have a bb curve 8310 is it hearing compatable??????? and how does it work?? i do have a coil in my hearing aid john h
    04-13-09 03:25 PM
    i need help with my hearing problem, is my 8310 hearing compatable??? how does it work??
    04-13-09 03:28 PM
    Jawbone 2 is awesome
    04-13-09 05:04 PM
    According to my opinion the latest and best blue tooth of the time is jawbone.I observed that mostly people use this one.
    04-14-09 05:30 AM
    I just got a Jawbone 2 on Saturday. I used it all weekend including at work on Monday (I'm a delivery driver). Last night, we received the new ear fit ear buds and I'm really excited to see how they work. It seems to fit well without the loop.

I have used a Motorola that was given to me as a headset for my BB Curve 8330 and I love the Jawbone so much better. It's clear and my wife says she can understand me better than when I use the handset. Maybe it's just me! I have noticed that when my buddy calls me from his Pear using his Jawbone 2, it's difficult to understand what he's saying, but that may be because my Jawbone didn't fit great into my ear.

I saw Jawbone all the way!
    04-14-09 10:13 AM
    I have a couple of Motorola headsets, one of which is the rockr...the sound quality is great but just by turning my head I get a 'gap' in the sound. Not a huge problem but an issue nonetheless. For music they're great.

As far as a dedicated headset for conversations I really love my Jawbone II. Excellent clarity both in and out and a great fit. I have, however, been waiting for my new earbud for about two weeks...hopefully not going to be an issue as I've read in some previous posts!
    04-14-09 10:57 AM
    Zivio Boom. Folks cant tell you are waring a headset. Sound quality in you ear is ver good. Has goo volume controls (you can make it very loud if need be).
    04-17-09 03:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD