What is the difference?

I thought it was Blackberry Enterprise Server so what is BIS?

just wondering
    10-26-09 02:32 PM
    BES allows you to access the Blackberry Email servers. And BIS just allows your phone access to the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:33 PM
    BES allows you to access the Blackberry Email servers. And BIS just allows your phone access to the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not quite.

BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service, it allows access to all BB services like push email, BBM, etc. It's the most common form of BB connectivity for the general public.

BES is the enterprise edition most commonly used by corporations. it allows the exact same connectivity as BIS, except a BES admin has complete and utter control over your phone via policies. They can also monitor everything you do, restrict anything they like such as what numbers you can dial, what apps you can have, if GPS/SMS/etc. actually work on the phone.

And the list goes on.
    10-26-09 02:36 PM
    It helped me to think of BIS as BES-lite for the public.
    10-26-09 09:46 PM
    I'm assuming, after viewing some the postings, the BES can control whether GPS is turned on the phone or not. My enterprise turned it off and I would really like to have it back on. Any possible way?
    THKS
    Mbmiller27
    11-06-09 12:36 PM
    Not quite.

BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service, it allows access to all BB services like push email, BBM, etc. It's the most common form of BB connectivity for the general public.

BES is the enterprise edition most commonly used by corporations. it allows the exact same connectivity as BIS, except a BES admin has complete and utter control over your phone via policies. They can also monitor everything you do, restrict anything they like such as what numbers you can dial, what apps you can have, if GPS/SMS/etc. actually work on the phone.

And the list goes on.
    And maybe more readily access videos on m.nbc.com.
    11-06-09 01:13 PM
    I'm assuming, after viewing some the postings, the BES can control whether GPS is turned on the phone or not. My enterprise turned it off and I would really like to have it back on. Any possible way?
    THKS
    Mbmiller27
    If they've turned it off, the only way to get it back on is to bribe your BES Admin.
    11-06-09 01:33 PM
    If they've turned it off, the only way to get it back on is to bribe your BES Admin.
    I suggest bribing with beer... everyone likes beer.
    11-06-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD