If I were to pick up a BB tonight, and will have it on BES, will I have internet connectivity and whatnot over the weekend? Understandably, I won't have the BES specific applications like corporate e-mail and calendar.

As you can imagine, I can't get it hooked to my BES until Monday at the earliest. I am wondering if I am setting myself up for frustration and heartache by having a BB sitting in my hands all weekend that I can't really play with - if that's the case, maybe I should get it Sunday or Monday
    11-14-08 12:21 PM
    Yes, access to the Internet and what not are controlled by your data plan, which will be setup before you leave the store. BES just adds your corporate email and calendar, as you've suggested. Now, depending on your organization, they may end up wiping out personal settings and apps that you put on it between now and the BES activation. Depends on the IT policy. But yes, you'll be able to play.
    11-14-08 12:42 PM
    Sounds good, thanks for the info - my corporate policy is basically that there is none. They don't seem to restrict anything other than they force a password for security, and reserve the right to wipe the device if a) it's lost, or b) you don't notify them prior to leaving the company.
    11-14-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD