My Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330/4.5.0.77 is on BES. All is normal except one company contact, who's on my work team and the person to whom I probably send more emails than anyone. Emails to and from this person using the desktop are normal.

When I attempt to send a message it fails with a red X and no explanation. I can receive from her, and all other contacts are ok.

Is this likely to be a BES issue or some setting I may have accidentally tweaked that blocks *outgoing* messages (I don't know of such a setting)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:05 AM
    Best and fastest thing to do is contact your IT dept. and let them know that this certain contact is messed up. They can check it for you, rather than you looking for a filter or something else throughout your phone.
    05-20-09 11:30 AM
    I've contacted my IT group in a two-pronged attack. :-). I'll see what they say and post back. Thanks.

05-20-09 12:04 PM
    This might sound crazy, but are you typing the address correctly? I have seen it happen before
    05-20-09 12:07 PM
    Not crazy but yes, correct address - in fact, from my contact list, which has worked for a thousand prior emails :-) But I did delete the contact, entered manually, and re-added the contact. And it's not a bounceback from a bad address - it never makes it to the server. Still haven't heard from my BES admin.

05-20-09 08:36 PM
    It was a BES issue. Not sure what IT did to the server or remotely to the device but it's fixed. Apparently other users were having similar problems with seemingly random contacts.

05-21-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD