Need some help here guys..

I have a BlackBerry on a BES.. When I read email on my BlackBerry it updates in Outlook as being read but doesn't work in the opposite way.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
    11-18-09 02:46 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing, except with Gmail instead of BES/Outlook.
    11-18-09 04:27 PM
    Need some help here guys..

I have a BlackBerry on a BES.. When I read email on my BlackBerry it updates in Outlook as being read but doesn't work in the opposite way.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
    There could be some kind of delay, try the following. Read an email on Outlook and then after a couple of seconds go to your Blackberry and in the Message screen press the Berry key and then Reconcile Now to see if updates the read/unread status.

If it does then you are just experiencing delays
    11-18-09 06:56 PM
    You could also check to make sure you have the proper email reconciliation set up.

In the messages folder you go to Options>Email Reconciliation and make sure you have the option for "delete on" set to Mailbox and Handheld. By default it is set to "Prompt" which might be the cause.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 07:19 PM
    I have been on BES with a blackberry for 4 years. Mine has a slight delay when reading a message in Outlook to showing up as being read on my berry. The only problem I have always had is when I delete an Outlook message as soon as it arrives (junk mail). It will not delete on my berry. Deleting off my berry first works great, though. Within seconds it removes it from Outlook.

11-18-09 09:54 PM
    I have been on BES with a blackberry for 4 years. Mine has a slight delay when reading a message in Outlook to showing up as being read on my berry. The only problem I have always had is when I delete an Outlook message as soon as it arrives (junk mail). It will not delete on my berry. Deleting off my berry first works great, though. Within seconds it removes it from Outlook.

Wow, and people think BES is awesome with this BS? ActiveSync doesn't have this issue on WinMo or iPhone... add Android to that list soon enough.

11-18-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD