My main concern over BB 10 is if it is qnx based will it have real email as we know it today on our phones or active sync. If it has active sync then it is no different than any other phone out there. The form factor of course is always important but if it comes with active sync email instead of real push email it may push me away when my existing 9800 bites the dust. I am holding off using my upgrade on my 9800 to go with the BB 10 device instead of using it on a OS 7 device. Anyone have any thoughts ?
    02-29-12 08:13 AM
    yes the bb10 will be having real active sync as contrary to phones with os 7... see active sync is from the exchange server... in bes/bis.. active sync is there but the only thing is the data pass on through NOC(network operation center) of RIM who encrypts it.... its a thing of the past now since every email provider have active sync and there is no need for data encryption or push to be precise..... anyways bb has adressed the matter and they are working out to provide something extra than active sync from bb 10 device onwards.... say bbm will be more powerful with online games integration as well as some other things related to MDM(mobile device management). first step is blackberry balance.... anyways i will rather suggest u to wait for bb10... dont get into os 7 since its in no man land at the moment.... i use bb 9910.. i love the form facctor but tech wise its still the old bb thing of the past.... wait my friend for better stuff from rim....
    02-29-12 08:27 AM
    yes the bb10 will be having real active sync as contrary to phones with os 7... see active sync is from the exchange server... in bes/bis.. active sync is there but the only thing is the data pass on through NOC(network operation center) of RIM who encrypts it.... its a thing of the past now since every email provider have active sync and there is no need for data encryption or push to be precise..... anyways bb has adressed the matter and they are working out to provide something extra than active sync from bb 10 device onwards.... say bbm will be more powerful with online games integration as well as some other things related to MDM(mobile device management). first step is blackberry balance.... anyways i will rather suggest u to wait for bb10... dont get into os 7 since its in no man land at the moment.... i use bb 9910.. i love the form facctor but tech wise its still the old bb thing of the past.... wait my friend for better stuff from rim....
    I can't hardly wait till the new b10 devices but I believe your right. I'm on OS6 now and I hate to move to OS 7 to be left behind again a few months later when bb10 come out.
    02-29-12 08:31 AM
    true..... wait for bb 10.... with d hope rim does nt disappoint us this time... or else i will be leaving bb for sure...
    02-29-12 08:36 AM
    one good thing is that with the OS 2 upgrade of the playbook it can be used as any other tablet and not be having to worrying about bridging and such
    02-29-12 08:47 AM
    another thing that worries me is what if the BB10 phones are not not up to the BB standard we are accustomed to and I have wasted all this time waiting that I could have gone ahead and upgraded to something else and beeb enjoying it.
    03-01-12 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD