I currently use the BIS and my bold works fine. I am going to college next year and have the option to pay to join my college's BES. What benefits would I have for doing this? Would I not need to pay for my data anymore? Please let me know. It would cost me $200.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 01:52 PM
    I guess it depends what they're bes policy comes with. What are the benefits with going with them?

05-23-09 01:55 PM
    I am not sure, that's why I am asking. Its for Tulane University. Is BES different for different places? I thought it was the same everywhere?

05-23-09 01:57 PM
    BES isn't really the same everywhere, it depends on the version, and what policies are in effect. Not that they will, but the admin can control pretty much everything on the device. One of the biggest differences is that BES is more reliable on the Blackberry network side. I'm not really sure what other benefits there are. For my users, they don't have a choice. Connect to our BES or no email for you. But that's on a corporate side.
    05-23-09 02:12 PM
    Does BES give me all data, meaning emails, bbm, and internet? So I can join the BES and then I won't have to pay $29.99 per month? Because if so, then I would just pay $200 one time, and over the 4 years that I am there, I would save over $1200

05-23-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD