leave it to userfriendly.org to solve the problem.
    08-15-08 11:19 PM
    Charging for incoming texts? I understand for sent texts but to receive?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 10:31 PM
    That is the way the US carriers do it, send and receive they get their cash both ways and it forces users to get txt msg plans.
    08-20-08 12:48 PM
    Damn! Nasty of them to charge for incoming messages. Is this standard on all carriers across the US?

08-20-08 12:53 PM
    I call it double billing, that's illegal in Canada.

Just switch to Rogers, problem solved.
    08-20-08 01:19 PM
    SMS is such a small data packet and should be part of your data plan. Its just another way to gouge the consumer. Plus the carriers are not doing anything about spammers and your only option is to block all txt msgs or get an unlimited plan. RIP OFF!
    08-21-08 12:02 PM
    Thankfully Rogers hasn't done this.
    08-21-08 12:04 PM
    The carriers do say they are doing something about spammers and you can call to get spam taken off of bills. Anyhow, this is an old and tired story that will not effect most people because as I understand it, all text plans or bundles that include any sort of texts have unlimited incoming.

08-21-08 01:12 PM
    This doesn't affect anyone with a texting plan of some sort, which I'm sure most of not all here on CB have. It's only for those who "pay-per-use".
    08-21-08 06:41 PM
    That's how I got revenge on an ex stalker boyfriend...I went to one of those "send a txt msg to anyone" web sites and just annonymously kept txting him over and over and over. He doesn't have a plan for txting so it was costing him ten cents a message. HA!!! I'm sure Sprint reversed him the money but it was well worth it because I hear he was on the phone with customer service for HOURS!!! Heheheh!!
    Last edited by niggarita; 08-21-08 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos
    08-21-08 06:50 PM
    That's how I got revenge on an ex stalker boyfriend...I went to one of those "send a txt msg to anyone" web sites and just annonymously kept txting him over and over and over. He doesn't have a plan for txting so it was costing him ten cents a message. HA!!! I'm sure Sprint reversed him the money but it was well worth it because I hear he was on the phone with customer service for HOURS!!! Heheheh!!
    wow you have no life
    08-21-08 07:54 PM
    That's terrible! What if you charged him hundreds of dollars?

08-23-08 09:06 AM
    Don't forget at least telus and bell still have unlimited messaging which Rogers has gotten rid of
    08-25-08 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD