When your connected to say my office's wifi network, even though I'm not using the phone does this kill the battery?
    10-22-09 02:45 PM
    Everything uses up battery. I leave my WiFi switched on almost all the time. I still get a full day out of it and sometimes I forget to charge overnight and I still get through the next day.

I have found WiFi to be a massive battery killer but, your mileage may vary.
    10-22-09 03:00 PM
    In my experience, having my WiFi connected to a router has saved battery
    life for me.
    10-22-09 05:09 PM
    In my experience, having my WiFi connected to a router has saved battery
    life for me.
    Same for me. I am in an area where I get about -105db max, so WiFi with UMA is a must. Without WiFi I can go about 36 hours. With WiFI it's closer to 48.

I think the poor EDGE signal is draining battery more than the good signal WiFi
    10-22-09 09:07 PM
    My battery life is significantly worse with WiFi enabled. When you have WiFi on, do you guys turn off your carrier signal?
    10-23-09 01:29 AM
    Yeah when your carrier signal is consistantly flicking through signal and no signal it really does begin to drain your battery! I just came back from a rural area of the state and usually I'd have over a quarter battery left, but because of all the signal switching it drained!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 02:37 AM
    My battery life is significantly worse with WiFi enabled. When you have WiFi on, do you guys turn off your carrier signal?
    No, In fact, I just ignore the damn phone. I just leave things switched on and I get on with my life while the phone gets on with its.

I have a cradle and charge most nights. I use AutoStandby and Options, Auto On/Off too.

I never have battery problems.
    10-23-09 04:12 AM
    I usually have wifi always on, connected at home and at the office. I leave the raidio on and have about 1-2 days of battery life depending on talk time. The only time the batt drains faster is if I am out of wifi range and its constantly searching or if Podtrapper downloads a bunch of new podcasts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 08:01 AM
    I have Wifi at work and at home... no reason to turn it off... I don't see any battery issue... I also use AutoStandby app and the Auto On/Off feature that Pete6 uses - two very excellent things to use.
    10-23-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD