I'm a fan of a song called "Balamb Garden" from the game Final Fantasy 8. The only place that offers it as a ringer is RINGOPHONE which I paid $20 a few years back just to get THAT ringer. But just my luck, I was never able to receive or download the ringer. I repeatedly tried to contact customer service which never helped me and I even reported them to the BBB. But nothing ever came of it. (can you believe the site is still up and running??)

In any case, I guess now it's an obsession and would still love to get the song as a ringer.

Can ANYONE (anyone....anyone...Bueller...Bueller) help me get this ringer for my phone so that I can finally go on with my life. PLEASE!!!!!!
    12-17-09 08:00 PM
    Do you have the mp3 of it? Or is it on YouTube somewhere? There are YouTube to MP3 website converters. Once you have it as an mp3, download Audacity (FREE!) and you can edit the mp3 into a ringtone.
    12-17-09 08:10 PM
    Then once it's a ringtone how do I get it on my phone? Media Manager?
    12-17-09 08:15 PM
    12-17-09 08:15 PM
    Make sure mass storage is enabled, open up the folders and find the one labeled ringtones. If you have a media card, its best to put the ringtones on that, so it doesnt eat your memory. Then just drag and drop it into the ringtone directory...
    12-17-09 08:17 PM
    I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! thank you jpatterson.

One more question........ Why do some calls have my main ringers but some calls come in with a different ringer? Specifically the ringer that sounds like the old standard phones.

It's been driving me crazy? Could it be tied to my speed dials or something??
    12-17-09 08:31 PM
    Download BalambGARDEN.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Just download it from this link (i made it out of the youtube video)
    and then do as stated before, enable mass media upder Option>Memory then once connected to your computer, go to BLACKBERRY2 and look for ringtones.

Or E-Mail it to yourself
    12-17-09 08:35 PM
    Thank you guys so much!!! I cannot believe I've been trying for YEARS!!!

Now if I can only figure out how to get ALL my calls to use the same ringer. That stupid standard old style ringer is driving me bonkers. LOL.
    12-17-09 08:40 PM
    I found the answer. I am thoroughly satisfied with the help and support I received here tonight!! (i know that sounds boring and mushy!)

Thanks again guys.
    12-17-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD