The only thing I want to be alerted to at night are phone calls and text messages. Is there a simple way to do that? If I put my Storm 9520 on "phone calls only" - that shuts all my alerts off - including my texts. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
    12-02-09 09:59 AM
    well, there is not an option to use a custom profile in Bedside Mode, but if you don't need to see the clock, set up a Custom profile only allowing SMS and Phone to have Tones, all the rest set to Silent. Then at night just switch your profile to your custom one.
    12-02-09 10:11 AM
    well, there is not an option to use a custom profile in Bedside Mode, but if you don't need to see the clock, set up a Custom profile only allowing SMS and Phone to have Tones, all the rest set to Silent. Then at night just switch your profile to your custom one.
    i didn't knew it. thanks
    12-02-09 10:22 AM
    Thank you so much. I will make those changes now.
    12-02-09 10:28 AM
    Yes there is. But yeah, make a custom profile and change the settings in it like dollface said. I use bedside mode because it switches to my custom "night" profile and turns of led all at once. And leaving it on the clock screen makes it easier to turn off my alarm in the morning if I don't use it.
    12-02-09 03:41 PM
    Yes there is. But yeah, make a custom profile and change the settings in it like dollface said. I use bedside mode because it switches to my custom "night" profile and turns of led all at once. And leaving it on the clock screen makes it easier to turn off my alarm in the morning if I don't use it.
    so are you saying you just create the custom profile first in Profiles and then when you go to Clock and Options, you can choose that custom profile for Bedside Mode? I'll have to try that, thanks
    12-02-09 04:51 PM
    Yeah go to the clock and hit the BB menu button and go to options. There is a section for bedside mode where you can choose to disable some things as well as select a profile to activate when you turn bedside mode on.
    12-02-09 05:16 PM
    Yeah go to the clock and hit the BB menu button and go to options. There is a section for bedside mode where you can choose to disable some things as well as select a profile to activate when you turn bedside mode on.
    On my Bold in the "option" menu in the Clock app, in the "bedside" section I only have the following options: Disable LED, Disable Radio and Dim Screen". How to you force a profile when in Bedside mode?
    12-03-09 11:28 PM
    On my Bold in the "option" menu in the Clock app, in the "bedside" section I only have the following options: Disable LED, Disable Radio and Dim Screen". How to you force a profile when in Bedside mode?
    It should be right there with those options but apparently it's not possible on the 9000 if you're not seeing it. That's too bad cause it's a good feature. I guess you'll just have to manually turn your custom profile on.
    12-03-09 11:35 PM
    Love bedside mode! Especially on my Bold when its on the dock.
    12-03-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD