Hey Everyone,

I'll be posting this to the homepage blogs as well, but wanted to get this going first in the forums.

On our recent CrackBerry End of the BlackBerry Era podcast I mentioned the idea of a CrackBerry VIP status for long time supporters of the community as I was going through some of the ideas of our CrackBerry 2.0 relaunch this year. This was a pretty in the moment and off the cuff idea, but I've been giving it more thought the past week which brings me to this post... time to MAKE IT HAPPEN.

You can hit the link to sign up to become a CrackBerry 2.0 VIP Member FREE for LIFE. I'll keep the registration period for this open for a limited time, but the open registration to it will get turned off - the point here is to recognize and reward the OG audience and community. So if VIP membership is promoted and grows post-relaunch, it will be a much more difficult thing to gain access to.

CrackBerry VIP status will come with perks. These perks may change and evolve over time, but since you've been here for the ride you'll always be entitled to them. Some examples of what VIP status may bring:

- You'll be considered a trusted CrackBerry Insider (get an early heads up on all things CrackBerry)
    - You'll be recognized as being a VIP (special badge on your CB 2.0 user profile)
    - Ability to participate in VIP-only giveaways (better odds of winning!)
    - Free stuff could just show up at your door (CB stickers, swag, other cool things!)
    - If CBK is visiting your city or town in the months/years/decades ahead, a meetup could happen!

Thanks for the ongoing support,

CBK

>> Fill Out the CrackBerry 2.0 VIP Member Application Form
    01-16-22 01:53 PM
    For anyone not paying attention, this is awesome retro move. Thank you Kevin for stepping up to plate and swinging for the fences and putting your own money down to repurchase what you started.
    01-16-22 02:11 PM
    01-16-22 03:22 PM
    Glad you like this initiative! Think it's the right thing to do and will make for some additional fun.
    typingduck and ppeters914 like this.
    01-16-22 03:44 PM
    My only question is how a future CB would be able to distinguish between potential future VIP distinction needs, vs just distinguishing those members that came also from a CB of the past when it left MNs/Future. I think the idea is fine, but I guess I am wondering about if those who might get tagged today (before significant CB tranformations) are more about just distinguishing those as the current crew of "legacy members". For example, if I sign up now and get tagged as a VIP but then play very little active role in contributing to a post transformed CB, I am guessing that then active members will wonder why I am getting any special treatment.

Just thinking out loud. I like the idea, but not sure if "VIP" is the right tag.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 01-16-22 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed a word repetition and added a bit more suggestion.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-16-22 04:24 PM
    My only question is how a future CB would be able to distinguish between potential future VIP distinction needs, vs just distinguishing those members that came also from a CB of the past when it left MNs/Future. I think the idea is fine, but I guess I am wondering about if those who might get tagged today (before significant CB tranformations) are more about just distinguishing those as the current crew of "legacy members". For example, if I sign up now and get tagged as a VIP but then play very little active role in contributing to a post transformed CB, I am guessing that then active members will wonder why I am getting any special treatment.

Just thinking out loud. I like the idea, but not sure if "VIP" is the right tag.
    I hear ya! All solvable "issues"... nothing you're saying here that I've haven't been contemplating and can't be addressed if it ever needs to be. I think CB 2.0 is gonna be effen awesome so think anybody engaging today will want to continue to engage post relaunch. If somebody doesn't (and earns the VIP badge in meantime and becomes inactive), can always request to leave the VIP club ...... and enter the Hall of Fame? I don't like the idea of highlighting "legacy" as a relaunch is a relaunch - I'd rather think of it as a super charged fresh start.

Regardless, suggest signing up now if you're reading this!
    bh7171 likes this.
    01-16-22 04:54 PM
    I hear ya! All solvable "issues"... nothing you're saying here that I've haven't been contemplating and can't be addressed if it ever needs to be....Regardless, suggest signing up now if you're reading this!
    Makes sense.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    01-16-22 04:57 PM
    Welcome Home Kevin!!
    to boldly go likes this.
    01-17-22 01:54 PM
    Thankyou! All signed up!
    01-17-22 06:11 PM
    One complaint about the sign in process....the birthday field. In my case I have to swipe through 68 years of months! My fingers started cramping, and then accidentally tapped the wrong place and had to start over. Maybe later.
    01-18-22 04:33 AM
    One complaint about the sign in process....the birthday field. In my case I have to swipe through 68 years of months! My fingers started cramping, and then accidentally tapped the wrong place and had to start over. Maybe later.
    I found if you touched the year at the top it let you quickly scroll to the year directly.
    01-18-22 06:12 AM
    I simply clicked on the yyyy and started typing the date. No scrolling required.
    01-18-22 06:20 AM
    I found if you touched the year at the top it let you quickly scroll to the year directly.
    Well I'll be...this old dog just learned something new. Thanks!
    01-18-22 06:26 AM
    I simply clicked on the yyyy and started typing the date. No scrolling required.
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
    01-18-22 06:26 AM
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
    No worries.
    We "no longer young" guys have to stick together.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-18-22 06:30 AM
    Aren't you putting the horse before the cart? Someone who might be an excellent VIP at "CrackBerry" in it's present format may not be an enthusiastic VIP in a future format.
    Will "CrackBerry" stay an enthusiasts site for all things BlackBerry? Will this change, dependent on whether a new BlackBerry come to market?
    01-18-22 07:52 AM
    Finally I can be a VIP.
    JeepBB, Bla1ze and to boldly go like this.
    01-18-22 01:59 PM
    Finally I can be a VIP.
    You were always a VIP in my heart, Adam.
    Adam Zeis likes this.
    01-18-22 02:03 PM
    Sounds like a great plan!
    01-18-22 04:05 PM
    Aren't you putting the horse before the cart? Someone who might be an excellent VIP at "CrackBerry" in it's present format may not be an enthusiastic VIP in a future format.
    Will "CrackBerry" stay an enthusiasts site for all things BlackBerry? Will this change, dependent on whether a new BlackBerry come to market?
    Been working on the new content format… it’s going to be awesome. These BB forums will continue as is outside of the “new” so I think all VIPs will be more than satisfied.

Lots of work happening behind the scenes… can’t wait to get it to shaped up to a point where I can share it with y’all!
    to boldly go likes this.
    01-18-22 08:16 PM
    We have a mystery! I like mysteries!
    01-18-22 09:56 PM

wet blankey
    01-18-22 10:34 PM
    Not wanting to feel old like that, I just gave him my next birthday... not borned yet, I guess : )
    01-18-22 10:36 PM
    If you put the horse before the cart its better than putting the cart before the horse, always! It is a community of kindred spirits, aging and changing like it or not, better to stick around and just stay in the rooms you like, should the whole house get too big for you .

They don't call it CrackBerry for nothing, although some do recover, if they have the capacity to be honest.
    01-18-22 10:42 PM
    It's a great way to bring back the CB/BB community again. Everyone remembers the good ol' BlackBerry days, when they were so popular! Quite excited to what CB 2.0 will bring in the future!
    01-19-22 03:44 AM
41 12