hi guys !! , my loved blackberry 9700 got the white screen of death, and im looking into a new phone, im in love with the blackberry 99xx but do you think i should wait for the new software, (december-ish) or just get the 9930,
    p.s i only use Blackberry Bold,

do you think the new software is going to have a bold line, and do you think its worth the wait . especially in my case !
    10-23-11 08:31 PM
    I would not expect BBX phones till at least mid next year (Probably shown off at BB World). 99xx is a fine device is you like BB.
    10-23-11 08:46 PM
    Get the 9930. Doesn't make sense to wait for something we don't even really know if even exists yet.
    10-23-11 09:04 PM
    "such and such" worth the wait....?

I love Blackberry, but this question is wearing on me.... Its a poor trend.
    10-23-11 09:10 PM
    If you need a new device now, get it. No one knows when BBX is coming to smartphones. There is no date announced.
    K Bear and Chrisy like this.
    10-23-11 09:16 PM
    Yeah. I finally caved in and got the 9900. It's coming in the mail.
    10-23-11 09:17 PM
    Don't be an early adopter - let the geeks and enthusiasts work out the bugs and glitches. BBX may come in mid-2012 (or possible even further based on RIM's track record) but I would wait for a while to see how RIM handles the transition AND implementation/developing/sustaining of the ecosystem before I make a decision, though I'm quite certain they'd be able to do it fairly well.

That being said, a BBOS 7 device will definitely last you for a good 2 years or more.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-23-11 09:24 PM
    Life is too short to wait.
    Get the 9900 now.
    A BBX phone with keyboard is likely a year or more away.
    10-23-11 10:55 PM
    Upgrade now rather than wait, you will absolutely love the new Bold. By the time the new devices come out you will only be a year out from upgrade once again anyways. Upgrade as fast as you can!!!
    10-24-11 12:14 AM
    Get the 9900 now.
    exactly, and that's assuming they make a QNX device with a keyboard.
    10-24-11 12:45 AM
    9900 is good enough for now. as for BBX or QNX there's nothing but waitin'.
    10-24-11 12:52 AM
    If you need a new device, don't wait. However, if you can hold off, then do so. I'm hoping the new line of devices will be available next year and will support 4G networks, so 2012 would be a good year to upgrade. If you can't wait though, get a new OS 7 device now. Not sure if BBX will have Bolds or will reimagine the BB line all together.
    10-24-11 05:41 AM
    I'm holding out. My Storm2 is still going strong. I love the new BB7 phones but I really want to check out the new BBX phones when they first come out. Not afraid of being first.
    10-24-11 08:01 AM
    I'm afraid of being the first. Lol. It's 50/50 at this point. Threads will either be, "maaan, this was so worth the waaiit!" Or "I waited that looong for this POS!?"

I don't mind waiting if I'm happy with my current device. If I dislike my current device, I upgrade asap.

As for BBX, I won't get it til it has been out a year. I want bug, hassle free phones.
    10-24-11 08:04 AM
    Hey everyone, PlayBook 2.0 IS BBX. So for those of you who've PlayBook 2.0, you're already running a BBX device. Of course, it's beta and lots of things are coming, but it's BBX.

Here's the video that explains it:
    10-24-11 08:17 AM
    Get the 9900 now.
    YUP!

and the longer you wait! the longer you have to wait to get your next new phone!

I buy at the earliest possible second!
    10-24-11 08:26 AM
    Hey everyone, PlayBook 2.0 IS BBX. So for those of you who've PlayBook 2.0, you're already running a BBX device. Of course, it's beta and lots of things are coming, but it's BBX.

Here's the video that explains it:
    NO it isn't

BBX and PlayBook OS2 are developed on different branches.

The PlayBook OS2 has stripped out features, if you dig you can find email is actually onboard, just no app for it yet.
    but the BBX UI is built on Cascades, not on AIR.

They had to push something out for the PlayBook, and something for developers to test on, but the PlayBook has yet to make the migration to BBX
    NuNalij likes this.
    10-24-11 08:39 AM
    NO it isn't

The PlayBook OS2 has stripped out features, if you dig you can find email is actually onboard, just no app for it yet.

They had to push something out for the PlayBook, and something for developers to test on, but the PlayBook has yet to make the migration to BBX
    I was wondering that same thing..... so when that happens will it be os3 or BBX 1.0
    10-24-11 08:53 AM
    I was wondering that same thing..... so when that happens will it be os3 or BBX 1.0

I am betting on a migration to the PlayBook OS being called BBX with the launch of the first BBX phones, doing a unified platform speech,

NOW I really hope RIM will have a devkit out to help PlayBook developers ports Native OS 2 apps to BBX with little to no work, or a backwards compatibility option.
    10-24-11 09:29 AM
    NO it isn't

I think we're debating on a technicality. I'm not saying I'm necessarily right (though Unity/Union do indicate that PB 2.0 is BBX [could always be a typo, though they have access to RIM executives and I don't] and several CrackBerry.com contributors suggested PB 2.0 is BBX on the recent video podcast).

I would just point out that having (or not having) certain features doesn't make something BBX or not. BBX is the entire platform. If you recall the image shown at DevCon (when Dan Dodge was on stage), BBX includes cars too. I would expect the features of BBX on cars to be quite different than BBX on smartphones and tablets. But it's still BBX. Thus, I still believe PlayBook 2.0 is BBX. It's just that it's beta and missing several key features.
    10-24-11 06:13 PM
    I think we're debating on a technicality. I'm not saying I'm necessarily right (though Unity/Union do indicate that PB 2.0 is BBX [could always be a typo, though they have access to RIM executives and I don't] and several CrackBerry.com contributors suggested PB 2.0 is BBX on the recent video podcast).

I would just point out that having (or not having) certain features doesn't make something BBX or not. BBX is the entire platform. If you recall the image shown at DevCon (when Dan Dodge was on stage), BBX includes cars too. I would expect the features of BBX on cars to be quite different than BBX on smartphones and tablets. But it's still BBX. Thus, I still believe PlayBook 2.0 is BBX. It's just that it's beta and missing several key features.

PlayBook OS 2 is BBX like, but it is stripped of features for developers, so using it as a reference as to what BBX would be like is flawed
    they Are being developed on separate branches, the OS2 branch being pulled off much sooner that what BBX actually will be.
    10-24-11 06:27 PM
    PlayBook OS 2 is BBX like, but it is stripped of features for developers, so using it as a reference as to what BBX would be like is flawed
    they Are being developed on separate branches, the OS2 branch being pulled off much sooner that what BBX actually will be.
    I completely agree. My point was simply that for everyone who was disappointed that Mike didn't show a BBX superphone, don't be disappointed because a BBX-like OS is already out. And most people who watch the mainstream media might think that BBX is a far-away OS that's coming in early or mid-2012, when in fact a very early build is already available.
    10-24-11 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD