Just deleted BB World.

Since a week social icons suddenly appear out of nowhere and when you click on them it leads you to the download page of the official BB app.
    Yahoo messenger, Facebook, Flickr, Gtalk and today suddenly I found MySpace, MSN messenger. When I go to Advances Applications there is nothing to be found. So who put those app 'teasers' there?
    I can only think of that BB World is pushing these to my device.

The icons cannot be deleted. Well from homescreen they can, but I believe they are still somewhere in my system.
    Now I deleted BB World but the icons are still there and the links are still working! Wtf!

Anyone alse having the same issue?
    Don't like that style RIM

08-20-09 08:19 AM
    Hi, I have the same social icon apps on my handset, but I don't think it's anything to do with BB appworld, I think it's embedded into your service books from your carrier, if you try to delete them or hide them the next time you service books are updated or re-sent to your handset they will re-appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:44 AM
    Hi, I have the same social icon apps on my handset, but I don't think it's anything to do with BB appworld, I think it's embedded into your service books from your carrier, if you try to delete them or hide them the next time you service books are updated or re-sent to your handset they will re-appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea, these are from your carrier. VZW does this with all of their stuff as well.
    08-20-09 08:53 AM
    Yea, these are from your carrier. VZW does this with all of their stuff as well.
    Orange uk have - flickr, myspace & windows messenger.

I have them hidden and in a folder that i rarely use but it still bugs me out because i don't want them, and i know they are there.
    08-20-09 09:02 AM
    Thx guys.
    But it doesn't make sense to me as...

1) I am 100% sure Tmo NL doesn't have standard icons with links.
    2) My wife's identical 8100 doesn't have them and she has no AppWorld
    3) I am running an Vodafone EastAsia OS now deleted all vendor files and also other messenger files when upgraded.
    4) They appeared only after I installed BB App World and not after I upgraded to latest OS

Only one I instalelled after being pushed to my device is Google Quick Search which is a quite nice and simple app.
    The other icons I just simply have to hide and that's it? I never asked for them.

So...
    08-20-09 12:30 PM
    They come from your service books. Seriously. Every carrier does it. Log into the BIS site for your wifes phone and send service books. You'll find them their too. Unless, your carrier has not pushed them for that phone.
    08-20-09 12:39 PM
    It's got nothing to do with bb app world. I haven't even put app world on this bb that I'm using and those are pushed to your device by your service books. I've got them popping up.
    08-20-09 12:53 PM
    The only thing you can do is hide them.
    08-20-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD