wondering if there is anything special about this?
    07-01-08 07:58 AM
    It allows for HTML email... but HTML email is right around the corner for the common BB user anyhow!!

BIS update 2.5 and OS 4.5 will allow for all your email to be HTML. And that is what BBSmart Email Viewer does

You can always get the trial and see how you like it BBSmart Email Viewer - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    07-01-08 07:59 AM
    Okay dumb question, but will the OS 4.5 be a free upgrade? I've got the BBSmart email viewer on my BB, but haven't officially "installed" it.
    07-01-08 08:01 AM
    Yea its free but I like empower pro better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 08:12 AM
    i like bbsmart better
    i hear the 4.5 viewer doesnt let you change the header/background color like bbsmart or empower does
    07-01-08 08:30 AM
    Not only does it not let you change your background, your background stays white the whole time. WTF?? People, go ahead and buy your Empower or BBsmart and save yourselves a lot of pain, especially if that was your main concern for the 4.5 OS. I can understand the video camera deal and all of that but the 3rd party companies are coming stronger than Rim is. Take heed!!!
    07-01-08 08:43 AM
    Does either BB smart email viewer or Empower reply in HTML?? or do both the apps revert back to NON- HTML when replying or forwarding??

Sorry for the thread Hijack LOL!
    07-01-08 08:47 AM
    Once I've downloaded BBSmart to my BB, what do I need to do to make it the default viewer? Sorry, so new to this stuff I have a million questions that I'm sure are basic to most of you.
    07-01-08 09:02 AM
    The email viewing is a lot easier on the eyes.
    07-01-08 09:02 AM
    I agree. The font is smaller but much easier to read if that makes sense. You can change it, I suppose, but the default is yellow with black letters and links are blue and underlined.
    07-01-08 10:13 AM
    "Also (just my 2 cents), I like BBSmart better too. It allows for "add to calendar" and "add to task" functions that I use constantly. I don't think 4.5 has those extra options."

I use those two functions a lot as well. Anyone know if those will be included in future Blackberry OS and/or the Bold.
    07-02-08 12:06 PM
    One question on the BBSmart. It takes forever to load some emails with a lot of HTML. Is that because of the EDGE network? Will that improve with the faster speed of the Bold? (I would still need BBSmart to immediately move emails to calandar and tasks if the Bold does not have that function.)
    07-02-08 12:21 PM
    One question on the BBSmart. It takes forever to load some emails with a lot of HTML. Is that because of the EDGE network?
    That's not because of the EDGE network, that's just the required horsepower to render it and load the file. It'll be faster on the Bold because the Bold has more horsepower.

And keep in mind BBSmart still provides some value and could improve HTML rendering even further now that they get the real data. Give them a release or two to figure out how they're going to improve over OS 4.5 HTML.
    07-02-08 12:30 PM
    when my mail takes a long time to load, its usually just because its loading images...i just click cancel images and read the rest of the email
    07-02-08 06:33 PM
    I too like BBSmart over others. Works well with .46
    07-02-08 07:04 PM
    Nothing. It will auto update for you. Just install it and viola! You're reading easy

Also (just my 2 cents), I like BBSmart better too. It allows for "add to calendar" and "add to task" functions that I use constantly. I don't think 4.5 has those extra options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can you give an example of the "add to calendar" or "add to task"? Something within an email that you are putting on the calendar?
    07-02-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD