so i noticed with 4.5 my bbsmart isnt really working, its set up the same way i had it on 4.2, but when i open emails it just says the little box bbsmart and stays at 0%. so when i press cancel, the links are not enabled.

and i though BIS was upgraded anyway so bbsmart wouldn't even b needed?
    07-21-08 09:34 AM
    Many people still use BBSmart because the HTML email through BIS is not truly full HTML.

BBSmart and Empower both provide features that the BIS still does not have available. I am honestly not sure what to tell you. If you want to use BIS, make sure you have the HTML email turned on
    07-21-08 09:43 AM
    yea i am on BIS, thanks though Ima make sure I have bb attachments turned on later thru desktop manager.
    07-21-08 09:50 AM
    bbsmart is not yet compatible with the new OS , empower is.

Empower runs GREAT alongside the new OS leaving emails the new OS can open and jumping in there when it can't, I had and email from empower customer services confirming this is how they wanted it to be, as bmcclure937 says you are not getting true full HTML with the new OS so empower insatlled as a "back up" for the true HTML emails is great.......welll I think it is anyway. The way I see it you have options of:

NEW OS HTML & EMPOWER OR THE NEW OS ALONE (uninstall empower)

I know TONS of people prefer and have paid for bbsmart and I am sure they will be along shortly with an updated version.....good luck
    07-21-08 09:55 AM
    yeah, I do hope that upgrades for empower as well as bbsmart are on their way, I get the same thing as purple berry, where most emails stay as 0% downloaded and just end up hitting cancel. not good since we paid for this to work and if 4.5 is now officially released it should work right?
    I guess we'll just have to hang tight.
    07-21-08 11:41 AM
    yeah me 2 thanks guys
    07-21-08 11:44 AM
    well it works sometimes, but when it dont, i have to copy and paste the link
    07-21-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD