Need some help....I can't get either BBSAK or BB Boss to recognize my 9900 90% of the time. DM works perfectly and connects. I am using 7.0.0.12.

It will say connection failed on both programs. I have tried multiple USB ports also.

Thanks!
    12-11-11 01:50 PM
    same problem recently. i thought maybe its the new desktop manager, as whenever i plug my device in it would ask for the password. Also it always adds BB stuff to my autostarts...
    12-11-11 01:57 PM
    I am trying to load a certain app back to my phone...BB Wallet. I know I can download the app from App World but that won't give me back what I had stored in the Wallet (login info, passwords, etc.)

I did a backup using DM but it is not highlighted for me to add it back onto phone when i connect to PC. I also used BB Boss to backup all 3rd party apps but cant get it to recognize phone.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
    12-11-11 02:02 PM
    Its the drivers. If you uninstall DM, and install DM 5, watch it pick it up right away, update to 6 and above... Not anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-11 02:05 PM
    Need some help....I can't get either BBSAK or BB Boss to recognize my 9900 90% of the time. DM works perfectly and connects. I am using 7.0.0.12.

It will say connection failed on both programs. I have tried multiple USB ports also.

Thanks!
    make sure that both the Desktop Manager AND BlackBerry Device Manager are NOT running before you start BBSAK.
    shortstops likes this.
    12-11-11 02:06 PM
    PM...you were spot on....weird though when I looked in the corner by PC clock I could see the icon you referred to but when I moved the mouse up to close it it just disappeared. It's like it was closed but hung in the tray preventing the 2 apps to launch. Definitely buggy.

Any advice on how to get my Wallet info back. I hooked to BB Boss and searched my back up CODS but it's not listed. Any way to get back with DM?

Thanks!
    12-11-11 02:17 PM
    Reload Java? Its a total guess but maybe a Java update might help?

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/blackberry7/
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-11-11 at 02:29 PM.
    12-11-11 02:19 PM
    I read in some other previous post in Crackberry (can't remember who though), that once you open DM then close it, DM will somehow prevent any other blackberry device from connecting. The fix was to do ctrl/alt/delete to get to task manager, go to "processes" then
    hilight and "end" that process. You will see see something about 'RIM" and that is the one to "end". This will "open" the lines so that you can use BBSAK or BBBOS. It worked for me.
    12-11-11 03:18 PM
    make sure that both the Desktop Manager AND BlackBerry Device Manager are NOT running before you start BBSAK.
    I'm soo happy I came across this. I closed device manager and what do you know! BBSAK recognized my device
    03-15-12 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD