Stinking up the place? Seriously? I don't think so.

Some people prefer the Curve keyboard. Do you think they should all get over it and go with the Bold style keyboard instead? This place would be filled with people complaining about no Curve keyboard style anymore - how RIM doesn't pay attention to their customer base. Blah blah blah....

There really are only a few models really. Whichever carrier you are on, you have:

The Pearl (8100) - Small, compact, Sure Type. Soon to be updated to the 9100
    Curve (8500) - Lower-end Curve for budget-minded consumers.
    Curve (8900) - Curve style keyboard with the modern styling and better LCD.
    Bold/Tour - High-end device with Bold style keyboard.
    Storm - Touch-Screen BlackBerry, for those who don't want a qwerty keyboard.

How is that too many? I think maybe the 8500 series shoudl just have become the 8900 series, but other than that, you only have a few models available per carrier.

If you go to Sprint, you may have the option to get the Pearl (maybe the Pearl Flip), the Curve, or the Tour. You have a choice of 3 or 4 blackberry models.

If you go to AT&T, you have the Pearl, the Curve, and the Bold 9000 & 9700. I don't know if they offer both the 8520 and 8900, but if they do, that's four or five models, all different.

Go to Verizon, you get a choice of Pearl, Curve (8530), Tour, or Storm. Again, four models, all different.

It seems that only T-Mo carries more models than any of the other carriers, but still, you have a choice of Pearl, Flip, Curve (8520 & 8900), and Bold 9700.

When I go to USCC, I have the options of Pearl Flip, Curve 8530, and Tour.

You might see some 83xx and 81xx still around, but they are at the end-of-life phase and they are just selling out remaining stock. Same with the original Storm.

Since they really are different (Pearl, Curve, Bold/Tour, Storm), is four models per carrier really too many?
    02-08-10 04:08 PM
    they could just really use a refresh on the OS
    02-08-10 07:08 PM
    all iphones look the same, so whats the point?
    05-01-11 10:40 AM
    Great info. You didn't bother reading the first page eh? Meh
    tbrenn likes this.
    05-01-11 12:35 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD