View Poll Results: What do you make of the BBM delay?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 weeks or more is a legit delay caused by the overloading of BBRY's servers.

2 5.71%
  • BBRY wasn't really ready for Sept 20th/21st and is making excuses to cover themselves.

23 65.71%
  • The timing of the delay and announcement of the Fairfax bid is almost too coincidental.

10 28.57%
    The simplest solution is the best - BBRY is an amateurish company lacking in strong leadership and a record of poor or spotty delivery that is currently undergoing a existential crisis and as a result staff morale must be through the floor - so it's ****-up rather than conspiracy.
    Thanks for clarifying for us. Lmao!
    10-14-13 04:59 AM
    Thanks for clarifying for us. Lmao!
    I just work on the basis that unless we have evidence of a conspiracy, we should rely on what we know - BBRY is known for blowing deadlines or turning out products that aren't quite finished, we know the company is on the skids, we know the leadership is largely absence or at least seems to be (where was the last time anyone saw the CEO in public?), coupled with waves of layoffs, the constant negative press and the like - surely the answer of "they simply blew it" is the most straight forward answer.
    10-14-13 05:04 AM
    I just work on the basis that unless we have evidence of a conspiracy, we should rely on what we know - BBRY is known for blowing deadlines or turning out products that aren't quite finished, we know the company is on the skids, we know the leadership is largely absence or at least seems to be (where was the last time anyone saw the CEO in public?), coupled with waves of layoffs, the constant negative press and the like - surely the answer of "they simply blew it" is the most straight forward answer.
    Interesting that you have the inside track on what's happening inside the company. You talk about BlackBerry turning out products that aren't "finished"....I see....so the term "updates " doesn't exist in other platforms? How does seeing the CEO in "public" add to credibility for the company? Would you like him to bring you a pizza? Layoffs? That's called "downsizing " in the business world...it's unfortunate, but necessary sometimes. As for your other comments.....sigh....
    10-14-13 05:17 AM
    I don't have the inside track, none of us do - so the most parsimonious answer with the publically available information is that they blew it. Now some information might come along that changes that but until it does, it is the most simple answer.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    newcollector and Rickroller like this.
    10-14-13 06:48 AM
    Well bbm for iphone works and it's getting better by day, send/ receive bbm have shorter delay/ just on time compared on sept, 4 groups with 80 pic always shared and updated by members with lot of comments run fine, sometime it will crash 1-3 times daily but always load again without problem.

So yea android playstore is to blame and if it was all ok on sept then i think this app will be updated several times already and most of the bugs sort out compared to go back into hiding again like now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    And that's exactly the point. In September it wasn't ready and by saying its getting better day by day implies that it wasn't ready to be released in the first place, especially if its crashing up to 3 times per day.
    10-14-13 07:06 AM
    How much faith do you have in a product that even BlackBerry hardly ever uses to communicate with its own BlackBerry owners?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-13 07:24 AM
    OP

Your post is a little too demeaning for my taste to entertain. Doesn't seem like you're a supporter of BlackBerry at all (the firm, employees, or the technology even). You lament BBM not coming over on other platforms on time. Whoo dee diddle doo buddy... add another excuse to belittle the company.

The edition that was "leaked" was a production/development version of course not completed. Why not spend the extra time to do it perfect it? What's the rush? Can't get your hands on any of their units?

Just want to exploit the their technology - leaving your &(&(*& at their doorstep. Nice.
    So basically you have said nothing. Who cares if he is one of the last 17 supporters of bb? Wtf does that matter? He wants BBM for other platforms...simple. no point supporting a company that cant get their stuff together...its embarrasing they are Canadian.

The "leaked" version was their finished app. It went through the same quality control everything else at blackberry does ( now your understanding why they arw so bad) and it sucked. So it was pulled and bb fanboys aee making excuses left right and center.
    JR A likes this.
    10-14-13 11:56 AM
    Google play till this day has over 50 fake bbm apps available for download and is unable or unwilling to take them all down, and you see no evidence of a conspiracy?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:49 PM
    Google play till this day has over 50 fake bbm apps available for download and is unable or unwilling to take them all down, and you see no evidence of a conspiracy?

Posted via CB10
    Where did you see over 50 fake BBM apps today?

JR A likes this.
    10-14-13 01:06 PM
    Google doesn't review apps as they are submitted. They do it after the fact when others complain. Some Android fans calls this a "feature"

Like it or not, this is something all big brands experience on Play. It's just how it is. In this case, people are taking advantage of the fact that people are searching for BBM and the real one isn't there yet.
    10-14-13 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since none of those apps can connect to BBRY's servers - how would they impact the performance of the actual app?
    JR A likes this.
    10-14-13 01:48 PM
    Prepare for release? Blum ada tombol installnya. Maybe later this month? Hahaha #BBM #BBM4ALL https://t.co/cLLl8KwAD3

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-14-13 01:48 PM
    So basically you have said nothing. Who cares if he is one of the last 17 supporters of bb? Wtf does that matter? He wants BBM for other platforms...simple. no point supporting a company that cant get their stuff together...its embarrasing they are Canadian.

The "leaked" version was their finished app. It went through the same quality control everything else at blackberry does ( now your understanding why they arw so bad) and it sucked. So it was pulled and bb fanboys aee making excuses left right and center.
    Sums it up pretty nicely
    10-14-13 02:36 PM
    You bring up a good point.
    However, if BBRY is claiming to have been overloaded due to 1-3 million downloads in a single day, then that just goes to show how "ready" they really were...
    The servers didn't need to be overloaded by a few million downloads. Surely, they could handle that, as BBM has lost millions of users on the Blackberry platform, i.e. they had more BBM users in the past than the current BBM users plus a few million Android/ios.

However, if they PROJECTED the number of subs based on how many were downloading, they may have realized that within a short period of time, they weren't going to be able to handle the load.

You and I have no idea what is really going on. We're just speculating. I merely point out that what you think is a logical conclusion is not necessarily so.

It'll be available soon enough.

Conspiracy theories are usually wrong. The truth is usually due to incompetence and/or bad luck versus an evil, coordinated plot.
    10-14-13 09:24 PM
    The "leaked" version was their finished app.
    Absolutely false. I wonder why some people go so far out of their way to spread lies and hatred about any company - Blackberry or another.
    Seems like Blackberry attracts an awful lot of haters. I don't know you or your motivations, so I'll assume they are good. However, what you wrote is untrue. There's plenty to bash BBRY about w/o resorting to making things up.
    10-14-13 09:28 PM
    Absolutely false. I wonder why some people go so far out of their way to spread lies and hatred about any company - Blackberry or another.
    Seems like Blackberry attracts an awful lot of haters. I don't know you or your motivations, so I'll assume they are good. However, what you wrote is untrue. There's plenty to bash BBRY about w/o resorting to making things up.
    I think a lot of people (including myself) are going by what Kevin said in his podcast about it which was that it was the finished product.
    10-15-13 05:34 AM
    As long as you want to keep holding onto that ill keep watching you try to get your head out of the sand.
    10-15-13 03:57 PM
42 12