Taken at 0900hrs... it's a madhouse here. I hope I can get one!

BBRY Priv launch at local ATT Store-img_20151106_085959.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:01 AM
    So pretty much like any other BB launch stateside.
    11-06-15 09:03 AM
    Yeah... buying one now. The saleslady didn't even know what it was. Lol. So yes... same as all other launches

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:09 AM
    Incredible, why doesn't BlackBerry take the time to educate sales reps beats me. All they have to do is develop a video tutorial and training for sales reps nationwide/ worldwide. I guess habits never change.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:45 AM
    Yep, definitely the norm for BlackBerry launches..lol
    11-06-15 09:45 AM
    It's a win.... that they had them in the store.

Was there a display or any banners???
    11-06-15 09:51 AM
    Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:51 AM
    Taken at 0900hrs... it's a madhouse here. I hope I can get one!
    Bright side, you were able to sleep in your car and not a tent!
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-06-15 10:33 AM
    They actually had one?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:37 AM
    It's a win.... that they had them in the store.
    Yup, I would call this an above average launch!

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-06-15 10:40 AM
    My, my , good luck! Seems there is a long line up there! Hope that they aren't sold out when your turn arrives.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:11 PM
    Aside from the IPhone, when is there ever a lineup for a new device launch?

Posted via CB10
    Couver81 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:57 PM
    Aside from the IPhone, when is there ever a lineup for a new device launch?

Posted via CB10
    This. it isn't like the Galaxy phones or other Android phones have lines either. A lot of people buy online these days too.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:29 PM
    Hey, my husband made the same remark when we pulled up at the at&t store this morning. At least he was kind enough to accommodate me and I was lucky enough to grab one of two devices. Furthermore, the CSR attempted to educate me regarding the device and about BlackBerry (and I'm being redundant, considering earlier posts), which was something.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:38 PM
    I don't even understand why people line up to buy an iPhone. It doesn't matter if it's the best phone in the world, you can always get one a few days later!! People are so strange!

Everyone in my family, except me, has an iPhone. Nobody waited on a line! I think waiting on line is just part of the game . :-)

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-06-15 09:48 PM
    I don't even understand why people line up to buy an iPhone. It doesn't matter if it's the best phone in the world, you can always get one a few days later!! People are so strange!

Everyone in my family, except me, has an iPhone. Nobody waited on a line! I think waiting on line is just part of the game . :-)

It's actually kinda fun! I mean I've never camped out, but when I bought my 6 Plus last November, they were backordered 4-6 weeks. I knew that stores would get stock every few days but it would be very limited (Apple severely underestimated demand for the 6 Plus). I checked every morning. One Tuesday morning, probably a week after I had already placed my online order, a store close to my university had a few in-stock. I get to school very early (in Philadelphia) so was able to get a train and stood in line waiting for the store to open. I was second behind someone who ended up not making a purchase that day. I walked out with my 6 Plus in about 20 minutes.

It was probably a really dumb thing to do (and I probably looked like a total fanboy, even though it was my first ever Apple product purchase), but it made for an unforgettable and fun experience. I'd never camp out to get one, but I'd wait in line for one if I knew I could get one from that store that day. It was definitely more fun and more eventful than opening a package in my house.

Anyway, waiting in line for a phone is unusual. I'm almost positive that only the iPhone generates this. I remember walking into an AT&T Store the day of the Z10 launch to get a new SIM for my online-ordered Z10 and even though there wasn't a line or anything for it, the sales reps were pretty excited for me to get one and they all wanted to try it and eventually get a demo unit to get to test. I'm sure it's the same case with the Priv. I've not had the chance, myself, to go and play with one, but I'm looking forward to giving it a demo.
    11-06-15 09:57 PM

Lol apple markets to those types of people xP

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:26 AM
    Whether it was the focus on privacy or a sense of hometown loyalty, the Priv was a quick sellout at a Bell store on Bridgeport Road in Waterloo.
    �I was very surprised to see just how quickly the product walked out of the store,� said store employee Cantrys Rondeau.
    �It was incredibly busy. It was all high energy. People were really excited to get their hands on the product.�

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/blackber...ises-1.2646903

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:26 AM
    Whether it was the focus on privacy or a sense of hometown loyalty, the Priv was a quick sellout at a Bell store on Bridgeport Road in Waterloo.
    �I was very surprised to see just how quickly the product walked out of the store,� said store employee Cantrys Rondeau.
    �It was incredibly busy. It was all high energy. People were really excited to get their hands on the product.�

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/blackber...ises-1.2646903

Posted via CB10
    Whether the phone sells well in Blackberry's home town means little.
    11-07-15 07:32 AM
    Lol apple markets to those types of people xP

Posted via CB10
    You mean people who enjoy having fun? Sounds like a great marketing plan.
    11-07-15 07:33 AM
    Back in my day we camped out for concert tickets like to Ozzy, Slayer, Metallica, etc...not for a phone. LOL

I got 99 problems. My Blackberry ain't 1.~Z30
    mkelley65 and bap3221 like this.
    11-07-15 07:52 AM
    Au contraire mon ami. Each phone sold at home is one step closer to their sales goals and one less phone they have to sell in Haterville USA. O_o

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:54 AM
    Au contraire mon ami. Each phone sold at home is one step closer to their sales goals and one less phone they have to sell in Haterville USA. O_o

Posted via CB10
    My point is they have always sold well in Canada/Waterloo and it has not been sustainable. In order to survive they need to do well in the rest of the world, unless everyone in Waterloo is going to buy 200 phones each.
    11-07-15 08:01 AM

A number of them are places like iFixit, that go to the Australian launch to be literally among the first to grab a phone and break it down to see the components. Places like Chipworks then start dissolving away bits of the innards to get a look at the secrets Apple doesn't advertise.

Many of those first spots also held by paid placeholders often advertising something and scalpers, particularly for customers in places that won't get the phone for a while. And others seem to join the lines because they have done do in the past and enjoy it. I don't think Apple itself particularly likes the size of the lineups — annoys the landlords, headache to manage, can be dangerous (cf. fighting in China lineups a couple years back, broken windows).
    11-07-15 08:08 AM
    Back in my day we camped out for concert tickets like to Ozzy, Slayer, Metallica, etc...not for a phone. LOL

I got 99 problems. My Blackberry ain't 1.~Z30
    Sure,
    1. Once the concert is over, you may not get another chance. You can buy a new phone in a week, a month, or a year. :-). (my poor grandson camped out in the rain overnight to get in to SNL, and didn't get in)!!!

2. In those days there were no iPhones. How times have changed!!

mkelley65 likes this.
    11-07-15 08:41 AM
34 12