Samsung is killing it with their marketing in the Oscars. Did anyone see the basketball one about the blackberry? Please BBRY get some Z10 marketing going please build some more buzz about it to let people know something is coming. Anyone else thinking the same?
    SK122387 and flyingsolid like this.
    02-24-13 08:36 PM
    No, why? No one can buy it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:59 PM
    Yes, I think Blackberry needs marketing in the US, alot of people like Z10.
    02-24-13 10:01 PM
    Yeah they will need it pretty bad. You know samsung and htc one will market the **** out of their phones. BlackBerry should have a commercial about why the competitors need high end specs where as bb10 is made to not need high end specs. They should say something like, "bb10 doesn't have the need for stupid specs because it's made to be efficient. Don't you want your car to be efficient? Why would you use something non efficient? " they need to make people feel bad/stupid for using Android and it's inefficiencies. Hopefully they can attack like that. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
    avroe likes this.
    02-24-13 11:27 PM
    There really seems to be a lack of urgency on Blackberry's part. . .I understand that they are waiting on the carriers in the US now but what stops them from advertising . . .
    02-25-13 03:17 AM
    blitz just before and during the release in the US. Spending money now is like the Super Bowl ad, soon forgotten since the phone is not available. They will know in advance when the carriers will release so maybe start their ads 24 or 48 hrs in advance and continue for the first week of the release
    02-25-13 07:47 PM
    I watched the Oscars. There were loads of BlackBerry commercials...in Canada where the phone is available.
    Don't worry. Once the phone is available in the USA you will see so many Z10 commercials you'll almost be annoyed.

Posted via CB10
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-25-13 08:22 PM
    I watched the Oscars. There were loads of BlackBerry commercials...in Canada where the phone is available.
    Don't worry. Once the phone is available in the USA you will see so many Z10 commercials you'll almost be annoyed.

Posted via CB10
    This is one time I'm actually looking forward to annoyance.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-13 08:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here in the US Samsung pretty much sponsored the Oscars. There were at least two commercials that Samsung slammed Blackberry. One was about BBRY being a business phone and the GSIII guys was like thats just loud and obnoxious. The other was beating up both BBRY and IOS said BB was the business phone and IOS was good camera phone and the S3 was all the best.

I just think getting some info in front of the soon to be customers to let them know it's coming would help build the buzz. I mean really they spent the money on the Super Bowl ad so they should be following up with it. I know they are the business guys and understand what really works, but everyone I know is like we aren't seeing anything about it. Is it really going to come to the US. I am getting this more and more since I ride around with it plastered all over my truck. The Crackberry Dodge is mine, I'm sure you seen it but the link is in my signature. Can't wait to get my Z10.
    02-25-13 08:51 PM
    Here in the US Samsung pretty much sponsored the Oscars. There were at least two commercials that Samsung slammed Blackberry. One was about BBRY being a business phone and the GSIII guys was like thats just loud and obnoxious. The other was beating up both BBRY and IOS said BB was the business phone and IOS was good camera phone and the S3 was all the best.

I just think getting some info in front of the soon to be customers to let them know it's coming would help build the buzz. I mean really they spent the money on the Super Bowl ad so they should be following up with it. I know they are the business guys and understand what really works, but everyone I know is like we aren't seeing anything about it. Is it really going to come to the US. I am getting this more and more since I ride around with it plastered all over my truck. The Crackberry Dodge is mine, I'm sure you seen it but the link is in my signature. Can't wait to get my Z10.
    I saw your Dodge on the CB cover that Kevin did on it. I love it and I'm not even a Dodge guy.

BlackBerry is running a marathon not a sprint. They have a product that has the endurance to surpass the competition.
    Samsung can slam them all they like. People should ask themselves, why does Samsung feel the need to belittle BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-13 09:08 PM
    Wait until it is released here.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 09:13 PM
    So let me get this straight. They shouldn't advertise during the Superbowl because the phone isn't out, but all of a sudden now they should?

They should not advertise for something people cannot buy. Jeeze.
    02-25-13 11:26 PM
    In my opinion the SB ad was a big, shout to the world message saying "We are not dead, bankrupt, or anywhere close. That was a message. The real marketing hasn't begun.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 07:23 AM
    I saw your Dodge on the CB cover that Kevin did on it. I love it and I'm not even a Dodge guy.

BlackBerry is running a marathon not a sprint. They have a product that has the endurance to surpass the competition.
    Samsung can slam them all they like. People should ask themselves, why does Samsung feel the need to belittle BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Its called marketing. Subtle attack advertising. The more BB succeeds the more Samsung will attack.

Getting the enterprise piece is a good paying gig and allows phones into the hands of people that use and talk to others about phones.
    Check. Check.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    02-26-13 08:00 AM
    Samsung is killing it with their marketing in the Oscars. Did anyone see the basketball one about the blackberry? Please BBRY get some Z10 marketing going please build some more buzz about it to let people know something is coming. Anyone else thinking the same?
    They have to be a bit conservative with their cash right now.
    02-26-13 08:06 AM
    There really seems to be a lack of urgency on Blackberry's part. . .I understand that they are waiting on the carriers in the US now but what stops them from advertising . . .
    There's nothing to buy and they do need to be a bit conservative with cash.

Man there are a lot of armchair CMOs who want to tell Frank how to do his job here on CrackBerry ...
    02-26-13 08:08 AM
    I live in the Dominican Republic, it's a small country but with high communications tech and lots of connected people, that's why BB is still strong here, but believe it or not, iPhone started selling really strong here when Samsung started making lots of publicity and android started gaining a little bit of consumers. The trend now is big screens and lots of apps, but people here relies more in iPhone than in any other android device. So my point is, that Samsung started the trend and the hype is about these features, which BlackBerry now have, so what I'm thinking is that the publicity will go strong in the US after the launch.
    02-26-13 08:14 AM
    Samsung is now the big bully on the playground. They are trying to push everyone around. But the best way to annoy a bully is to ignore them. When Samsung first started their PR push they aimed their darts at Apple. Apple refused to go back and forth with Samsung. So now Samsung must find someone else to bully and that someone is Blackberry. The best thing Blackberry can do is ignore them. People are not dumb they will soon get tired of their act. When the new Blackberries are available in the states, that is when the promotion should start and it should promote the phone not aim darts at the competition. That's childish!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-26-13 08:27 AM
    They'll advertise right before the US release, as they should.
    02-26-13 09:53 AM
    Why advertise something you cannot buy. Makes little sense to me.
    02-26-13 11:41 AM
    It's "Coming Soon"
    02-26-13 11:51 AM
    Why advertise something you cannot buy. Makes little sense to me.
    Some companies do it to build "hype" and awareness for a product.

How far ahead they should advertise before release is a different question.
    02-26-13 11:53 AM
    But building up the hype to customers who are in need of a new phone or think the Z10 looks cool will walk away knowing they cannot get it Right now, immediately, or this second...not in the US.
    02-26-13 12:01 PM
    Canadian rapper K-Os just posted this... http://www.facebook.com/kosmusic

K-OS
    Yesterday
    if you live in CANADA, have a BLACKKBERRY & want to throw us ideas about SETLIST for my Upcoming Tour
    - pin me here 24CB7ECA
    Tues April 02, Ottawa - Mavericks
    Wed, April 03, Montreal - Corona
    Thu, April 04, Waterloo - Starlight
    Fri, April 05, Toronto - Danforth Music Hall
    Tue, April 09, Thunder Bay - Outpost
    Wed, April 10, Winnipeg - Pyramid Cabaret
    Thu, April 11, Saskatoon - Odeon
    Fri, April 12, Edmonton, - Avenue
    Sat, April 13, - Calgary - Republik
    Mon, April 15, Nelson - Spirit Bar
    Wed, April 17, Victoria - Sugar