Not a rumor, but more of a wish. But I was thinking they should make a blackberry version of the ipad. Since the Ipad is basically and iphone on roids RIM wouldnt have to much trouble making a giant version of the storm3.
    07-07-10 01:08 AM
    Thats what i like to see thanks!
    07-07-10 06:09 AM
    No problem
    07-07-10 06:15 AM
    If RIM drops the ball with this product the same way it had with most its latest releases (or, more precisely, lack thereof) there are many other companies actually willing to make products.... Archo9, HP slate, etc.

Vote with your $$$; if RIM wants to keep repainting the same old devices with different colors and touting them as new releases, buy from a company that is willing to actually compete.

I am giving them 3 more months myself to announce they are even trying or I'm actually jumping ship too believe it or not.

Wait until everybody gets this OS 6 and find its just OS 5 with a few pretty transitions added. Kinda comes up short of the "wow" factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 02:05 PM
    Here's a thought:

Maybe the BB Tablet could be another secret LTE product that will be launched by Verizon? The secrecy of the Tablet (no specs or hard evidence) could be linked to the same reasons why we're not seeing anything for the Storm 3: Verizon "keeping it quiet" about their new upgraded network.

We know the tablet and S3 are being worked on, so RIM could be planning a 1-2 blow over the holidays by offering these two items. Imagine a "Buy both get x% off" sale.

Like I said, just a thought.
    07-07-10 08:03 PM
    'cept by the time the "Holidays" comes around they'll bleed off another zillion users to Apple & Android.
    07-07-10 08:05 PM
    'cept by the time the "Holidays" comes around they'll bleed off another zillion users to Apple & Android.
    Considering the cluster **** that Apple has gotten themselves into with the iPhone 4, consumer confidence may be lower in that department (doubtful).

Yes, consumers may leave RIM but when it comes down to it, RIMs bread and butter is the commercial deployment of their product

The Storm 3 is without a doubt a consumer base product, along with the Clamshell, Slider (Torch), and Pearl 3G. Four (from what I've seen on the exception of the S3) solid phones that appeals to consumers. Depending on when these phones drop, they could reap benefits for consumer holiday sales.

Now, throw a tablet into the mix with a sweet deal with the S3, and RIM can move some product.

The more I think about it the sexier it sounds.
    07-07-10 08:15 PM
    Yes, consumers may leave RIM but when it comes down to it, RIMs bread and butter is the commercial deployment of their product
    Yea I fear that is the reason behind RIM's complacency. However, free enterprise is an ever growing, all-consuming monster. Its not unreasonable to think that, once iphone and android gobble up the consumer market and thus enjoy the noteriety and free P.R. that is derived from that accomplishment, they will then turn to tap into that commercial market that RIM had been enjoying the blessing of.... kind of like they are already doing.

RIM I think is stuck in yesterday mode, and its a tomorrow type of vicious business environment. I am frustrated that they are capable of blowing apple and andoid out of the water, and making products that practically own all markets... And furthermore simply by knowing that, if I want a smartphone that has anywhere near modern processing capacities and capabilities and enough memory to do anything more than store a couple of binary digits without crashing I have to switch to a product that had crappy functionality and application other than that.

/.02 worth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 05:35 AM
    I would have to disagree. RIM, though it has been around for close to a decade or more, is still entering into the consumer market and their product line shows it. More features are rolling out with every new phone and things are progressing with how RIM feels it should.

I appreciate RIM taking their time to make sure phones are reliable and secure. I do not need a supercomputer on my hip, but I do want a phone that will continue to do its job well into its life (My S1 is coming to the two year mark with many falls and continues to keep kicking). I have many friends and acquaintances that hate the reliability of their phones and all I can say is, "should have gotten a BB."

As for "gobbling up the consumer market," RIM is not hurting as much as many people think. One of the most popular phones is still the Curve. And with the four phones listed in my previous posts, the consumer market will only grow for RIM.

As for commercial markets, I know of only one phone that is trusted by the United States Department of Defense and secure enough for the President of the United States to carry it. That of course is Research in Motion's Blackberry Smartphones. Having those credentials pushes the idea of mobile security to levels that Apple and Android can only wish for.

Bottom line: if you want an awesome gaming and worthless app experience, get an Apple/Android. If you want to get **** done, get a BB.
    07-08-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD