i mentioned it in kickinitlive's thread "New Curve!" but yesterday when i got my curve i added somewhere between 5-10 people to BBM just to try to check it out but nobody has accepted. is that just bbm being slow, people being lazy, declining, or is something like wrong with it? as kickinit and i both mentioned our ring profiles and a few other things would reset to default when (most likely) we hooked it up to the computer... any ideas?
    06-17-08 10:31 AM
    I just pinged you on BB messenger
    06-17-08 10:37 AM
    Try contacting the people you added and see if they recieved and accepted your request. if they did then you may need to re add them. As for your stuff reseting to default when plugged in to your computer. That is most likely because your ring tones and wallpapers are saved on your media card and when you use mass storage mode you are unable to access files thru your phone. Once you unplug your phone it should go back to normal settings automatically.
    06-17-08 10:38 AM
    ... and make sure you add people following these steps:

open BBM > press menu (left of trackball) > select add contact > scroll up to use once but DO NOT CLICK ON IT > instead press menu again > select request by pin > enter the other persons PIN > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not click OK.
    06-17-08 10:52 AM
    As for your stuff reseting to default when plugged in to your computer. That is most likely because your ring tones and wallpapers are saved on your media card and when you use mass storage mode you are unable to access files thru your phone. Once you unplug your phone it should go back to normal settings automatically.
    no media card yet, newegg shipped it yesterday =P, i just noticed that when my phone rang after having it sync with my computer it went back to the default ring instead of what i set, then i looked and everything else was default too =(

... and make sure you add people following these steps:

open BBM > press menu (left of trackball) > select add contact > scroll up to use once but DO NOT CLICK ON IT > instead press menu again > select request by pin > enter the other persons PIN > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not click OK.
    i can try that, i clicked once and it gave me an email field? was that wrong?
    06-17-08 11:12 AM
    i can try that, i clicked once and it gave me an email field? was that wrong?
    That is usually why it goes wrong. try those steps i posted
    but remember when you get to "use once" press
    menu button instead of track ball, and I think you'll get there
    06-17-08 11:34 AM
    yeah adding as a PIN seemed to be the right way, no responses yet, but time will tell. i followed the 101 thing on it and since it was an older model i think it just gave you a choice for by email or by pin and since i didnt see the option i didnt think anything of it.
    06-17-08 11:48 AM
    yeah adding as a PIN seemed to be the right way, no responses yet, but time will tell. i followed the 101 thing on it and since it was an older model i think it just gave you a choice for by email or by pin and since i didnt see the option i didnt think anything of it.
    Sent you a PM with my PIN, if you want to test it.
    06-17-08 11:57 AM
    yup it works. was expecting some sort of jingle with a "friend request accepted" type of message. guess not, lol. thanks everyone.
    06-17-08 12:06 PM
    what happens if somene declines you? what do you see
    03-23-09 10:47 AM
    it sounds like people not knowing how to use it when you ping someone i just vibrates there phone so if its not on them they will see it later on. or there just lazy
    03-23-09 11:22 AM
    what happens if somene declines you? what do you see
    It will show that it was declined.
    03-23-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD