OK most of you guys have issues with the BlackBerry marketing team right? Now that they are gone, think things will change? Of course not . It goes beyond that... people in the marketing team are more lost then u think.
    I worked with BlackBerry and there marketing/Sales team. The team hasn't changed in 4 years and the people I worked with are currently at the moment promoting BBM with the BBM van here in Florida BUT here's the Shocker not one of them knew what BBM Channels is and still don't, some have even completely ignored the BBM update. Keep in mind these are the same folks promoting BBM.

How does BlackBerry expect people to promote BBM if they don't even know the whole story behind it. BlackBerry needs to STOP Hiring outside companies to promote them unless they are willing to train them correctly . The company that is taking A LOT OF CASH from BlackBerry and isn't showing anything in return is called Marketstar
    To work for BlackBerry (MarketStar) marketing your qualifications were NOTHING. I worked with a few of them that had no experience, some use to be bank tellers, realtors, one even sold panties at victory secret. These are the people promoting BlackBerry.

In order to make a company successful you need a big change. Ok so if they fire frank and keep the other idiots that haven't a clue do u really expect a change?

BlackBerry needs people qualified to sell there products and know what and how to sell it.

This CB team would be shocked if I showed you who was head of the marketing team here in FL. A complete joke, this person has even admitted to me that they don't know anything about BlackBerry they just get paid by them. Very sad to see BlackBerry being taken advantage of. MarketStar has a contract with BlackBerry and are just simply robbing them blind and not helping the company. The people they hire don't even like BlackBerry.

Oh did I mention that MarketStar controls BlackBerry inside Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, Staples. no wonder we see the problems inside best buy. BlackBerry please rethink your marketing strategy because I'm with this company to the END.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:04 AM
    Very sad. Not surprised that they hire dimwits though. Same with carrier stores in general. Walk in and they give false information to me about BlackBerry
    11-30-13 10:28 AM
    This is an unbelievable story. I don't know what to say. Boundless ignorance, incompetence, stupidity.
    I hope it is a true story.
    And I also hope it is not true.
    11-30-13 10:29 AM
    This is really messed up if true. You should email investor relations and tell them this. Hearing stuff like this, as a shareholder, really pisses me off.

Looks like theres a job opening though. Hope they find someone who is actually passionate for BlackBerry products this time:

Job Title: Content Development Manager
    Job Code: 124810

Marketstar's Blackberry team currently has an opportunity available for a Content Development Manager who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the training curriculum for the retail, B2B and IT channels. The ideal candidate is detail oriented with strong technical and creative writing skills who enjoys a fast-paced and changing environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Develop training content and create presentations, guides and manuals for classroom and webinar training.
    Understand key Blackberry marketing objectives and provide training materials for these objectives
    Direct and manage content update schedule as it applies to new products and services
    Customize materials and coordinate distribution for all training events
    Develop content for internal training courses including product, systems, and operational processes
    Manage printing and distribution of training handouts
    Fulfill all internal training assignments by set deadlines. Keep informed on all new & existing products, services and other industry information
    Adhere to predetermined budgets, policies & procedures
    Special projects as assigned

REQUIREMENTS:

Approximately 10% travel
    High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
    Two or more years experience writing, designing and developing training curriculum for classroom instruction and online training
    Solid understanding of retail and B2B training methodology
    Previous wireless experience required (Blackberry preferred)
    Meticulous editing and proofreading skills
    Proficient in MS Office products, with an advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Photoshop, and other appropriate graphic design programs
    Strong knowledge of the wireless industry and the smartphone segment
    Understanding of adult learning principles and adult learning styles
    Flexible and adaptable to manage multiple priorities

https://marketstar.hodesiq.com/job_d...=&refid=&guid=
    11-30-13 10:33 AM
    If this is true, they have to get fired immediately.
    WTF does one job posting help BBRY at this stage. It will take a few months to find someone and to bring him on board and up to speed. And then, maybe, there will be one capable (?) guy to cover which territory?
    They took lots of money. They had their chances. They failed miserably. Let them go and hire somebody else who is committed, competent, interested. It can only get better.
    11-30-13 11:14 AM
    This would explain a lot. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were the case. While the guerilla marketing has been good the past few weeks the overall marketing presence has been pathetic at best. Few things **** me off like a great product marketed so poorly. It's blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain all the simple marketing mistakes they've made with their previous campaigns and lack of a top to bottom marketing approach.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055 - C0006E212
    11-30-13 11:22 AM
    It's not all on m* though.. for instance. For the launch of the z30, we were given no marketing material, no banners, no stickers, nothing. We literally had the device itself, to take into the stores. And, to top it off... we received them the day before they launched in store.
    Had BlackBerry (the client) given us the stuff we needed to do our jobs (we had plenty of stuff for the z10 and q10), maybe we would have had some impact.
    Instead, we didn't even have a brochure to leave at the stores.
    I worked hard for m* and BlackBerry.. and it's too bad BlackBerry didn't work as hard.
    I personally sold the devices while I was in store, and on more than one occasion, had customers say to my face that they hoped we went under. Who does that sort of thing to another human being?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:04 PM
    There's a Marketing Department?
    ...must using the Stealth Strategy.

Z30 144GB
    10-14-14 04:52 AM
    Should post this on BlackBerrys twitter!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:56 AM
    It's not all on m* though.. for instance. For the launch of the z30, we were given no marketing material, no banners, no stickers, nothing. We literally had the device itself, to take into the stores. And, to top it off... we received them the day before they launched in store.
    Had BlackBerry (the client) given us the stuff we needed to do our jobs (we had plenty of stuff for the z10 and q10), maybe we would have had some impact.
    Instead, we didn't even have a brochure to leave at the stores.
    I worked hard for m* and BlackBerry.. and it's too bad BlackBerry didn't work as hard.
    I personally sold the devices while I was in store, and on more than one occasion, had customers say to my face that they hoped we went under. Who does that sort of thing to another human being?

Posted via CB10
    That sort of disorganization comes from the top, definitely. And truthfully I haven't seen much improvement there yet. If you are still working with BBRY, do you feel it will be better with the Classic? Or do you feel it won't improve given their expressed focus away from consumer support?

I can believe some people say crap like that to others. It's all about me, you see, and who cares about you? Good luck.
    10-14-14 09:01 AM