2 UAE
    3 South Africa
    4 Canada
    5)Saudi Arabia

Closely behind
    1) India
    2)UK

These are the same countries where BB10 had strong launches

Market is clearly telling them where to invest...

Luckily for BlackBerry, India and Indonasia are exploding smartphone markets of the world.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chicago777Guy; 11-07-13 at 01:37 PM.
    11-07-13 12:52 PM
    Interesting. Also the places where BlackBerry phones outsell others I am assuming
    11-07-13 12:58 PM
    Wow didnt expect to see Canada on that list, looking good so far. Hopefully here in the UK and in USA BBM will start taking over whatsapp's marketshare.
    Deanig_12, SifiGamer and 00stryder like this.
    11-07-13 01:00 PM
    Interesting. Also the places where BlackBerry phones outsell others I am assuming
    Except Canada, our market is kind of an interesting dynamic but the other countries in the list, definitely BlackBerry has a strong presence.
    11-07-13 01:17 PM
    BBM is strong in countries where BlackBerry have good market share, which aren't many. In the rest of the world the hype faded fast. Time to invest more in marketing.

App Annie App Store Data | iOS Top Charts United States - Overall - Nov 07, 2013
    11-07-13 01:21 PM
    http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app...-07&type=ranks

http://www.appannie.com/apps/google-...-06&type=ranks

BBM rank stats for Google play and Apple iPhone app store

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 01:28 PM
    Downloads are meaningless, though. What counts is USAGE, and it's too early to know what BBM's overall usage is going to look like. It will take at least 3 months to get any kind of a reliable picture of that.

Don't forget that many people who will have moved to XBBM will be people who did so to dump their BBOS device, so that won't be an overall increase, but just a lateral move, going from BBM on BBOS to BBM on Android/iOS.

Like any app, especially messaging apps, lots of people download them, try them out once or twice, and then either uninstall it or just don't ever use it again.
    11-07-13 02:50 PM
    Statistical analysis isn't the OPs strong suit.

Of course there are more downloads for BBM. It's the latest thing. But which has more downloads and which has more users?
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    11-07-13 03:00 PM
    Comparing download statistics during the same period for a heavily anticipated app that just came out vs one that's already been out is comical at best. Of course the app with that's been out for a long time across platforms will have a lower download rate. Hello.... people already had it so comparing for the same time frame is pretty silly. As stated, usage over time is what matters. A lot of people download apps to see what they're like, use it a couple times and never use it again. And of course many will be very active users. So real usage still remains to be seen. Having said that, it was a great start for BBM and we will see how it continues.
    11-07-13 03:06 PM
    Statistical analysis isn't the OPs strong suit.

Of course there are more downloads for BBM. It's the latest thing. But which has more downloads and which has more users?
    It doesn't have to be a strong suit...sometimes all you need is common sense...All I am saying is that BBM is strong in these markets so BlackBerry should focus on investing marketing dollars in these places first rather then trying to spend everywhere...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:30 PM
    Downloads are meaningless, though. What counts is USAGE, and it's too early to know what BBM's overall usage is going to look like. It will take at least 3 months to get any kind of a reliable picture of that.

Don't forget that many people who will have moved to XBBM will be people who did so to dump their BBOS device, so that won't be an overall increase, but just a lateral move, going from BBM on BBOS to BBM on Android/iOS.

Like any app, especially messaging apps, lots of people download them, try them out once or twice, and then either uninstall it or just don't ever use it again.
    Correct it's too early...by all measures...All I am trying to point is that It has good start in markets where they have good brand value...Some of them like India and Indonasia are exploding...Thats a great plus for BBM and they should invest there...Ultimately how they execute will determine the usage of the App..

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:34 PM
    The usual pessimistic's... Troy, m1...So far you have been dead right on BBRY...its good to have your view point.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:36 PM
    Downloads Like any app, especially messaging apps, lots of people download them, try them out once or twice, and then either uninstall it or just don't ever use it again.
    I've seen the exact opposite with bbm. As more people download it my friends are using it more and more and their friends list grows

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    11-07-13 03:44 PM
    Well, for what it's worth, in the US App Store for iPhone, WhatsApp is 24th, BBM is 39th. Not very promising.
    11-07-13 03:57 PM
    Well, for what it's worth, in the US App Store for iPhone, WhatsApp is 24th, BBM is 39th. Not very promising.
    That's exactly my point don't waste time and money promoting BBM in US. There are much bigger and faster growing markets where they will do lot better.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 04:01 PM
    That's exactly my point don't waste time and money promoting BBM in US. There are much bigger and faster growing markets where they will do lot better.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if that's the solution. Pepsi spends just as money on marketing as does Coca-Cola. Just because you're behind, doesn't mean you should just abandon a market and give it up to your competitors. If anything, I think most would say to pump up the marketing. Isn't that what everybody on here has been saying was BB10's problem all along for the past several months? Lack of marketing? If BlackBerry spend money marketing BB10 it could have been a success? I know I remember reading that somewhere here.
    11-07-13 04:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry would concentrate in those few countries then later It would be even more difficult to enter in the big markets.
    Most of the countries where BBM is having success are emerging markets where it's not easy to make money with ads, so the other apps would get a financial advantage, that translates into marketing and investment in technology.
    Big markets influence the consumption patterns of emerging markets, so there would be a cultural pressure to switch to the other apps.
    Outcome > BBM fails.
    11-07-13 04:26 PM
    The usual pessimistic's... Troy, m1...So far you have been dead right on BBRY...its good to have your view point.
    It isn't pessimism, it's REALISM.

XBBM has been a success so far, despite the delays and rocky start. BBM has potential to make BB some on-going revenue, which is critical to the company, though we are a long way from knowing if BB will actually turn that potential into reality. The point is, XBBM has been a MUCH needed success for BB, and the only real, substantial success BB has had, other than perhaps the fact that they launched BB10 devices at all, in the last 5+ years.

I'd be happy to see BB do well - competition improves the entire industry, so even though I don't use BB devices myself, having BB push the other companies only makes things better for everyone in the long run. And there are certainly a few unique things that BB brings to the table that are valuable.

But I also have no trouble seeing the big picture, and I keep close tabs on what is going on in the mobile industry (admittedly, mostly in North America). It's not hard to see which ideas and posts here are grounded in reality and which are pure fanboyism. Being a realist, I'm quick to point out when someone is promoting some pie-in-the-sky idea that has zero chance of actually happening, and that could be here or any place else I post, and I do it whether the subject is BB, Android, WinPhone, iOS, or whatever.

Reality is reality.

I know some people here appreciate that, and I'm well aware that others probably despise every one of my posts. I promise you, I don't lose any sleep over it. People are free to read my posts or ignore them, as they see fit. But when I do post, it will be a post grounded in reality, with a clear line separating the facts from my own opinions.
    TioPepe78 and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    11-07-13 04:41 PM
    I appreciate your post and view point.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-07-13 04:46 PM
    If BlackBerry would concentrate in those few countries then later It would be even more difficult to enter in the big markets.
    Most of the countries where BBM is having success are emerging markets where it's not easy to make money with ads, so the other apps would get a financial advantage, that translates into marketing and investment in technology.
    Big markets influence the consumption patterns of emerging markets, so there would be a cultural pressure to switch to the other apps.
    Outcome > BBM fails.
    It's not an easy fight for BBM, but I would first be successful somewhere then try to fight it all and loose everywhere...Plus they are very large markets especially India a 4 Trillion $ market growing at 6%

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 04:49 PM
    When will BB post active users to the date? They posted a week after, maybe a month after will be a good date to post.

In my case I got all my friends in, and some are so kind to me to have BBM just for me (I'm the only contact) but I keep saying them to invite more people.

Now, BB should have at least one update a month to keep people at least opening the app to check what's new, no matter if it a minor update, don't we check the app after we receive an update? at least that will say to people that the app is been updated and a constant development is behind, and remember users that the big updates will come (voice, video and screen share).
    11-07-13 05:48 PM
    When will BB post active users to the date? They posted a week after, maybe a month after will be a good date to post.

In my case I got all my friends in, and some are so kind to me to have BBM just for me (I'm the only contact) but I keep saying them to invite more people.

Now, BB should have at least one update a month to keep people at least opening the app to check what's new, no matter if it a minor update, don't we check the app after we receive an update? at least that will say to people that the app is been updated and a constant development is behind, and remember users that the big updates will come (voice, video and screen share).
    Good suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:09 PM