I got a message saying this:

ITS ALL OVER SKY NEW BBM is shutting down at 12:00. 0clock tonight if you don't broadcast this you'll loose your contacts Sorry guys Apparently it is true, cause its happened to certain people already, so I'm not taking any chances !!
    Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of �25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation...by the way this will be the last Broadcast from us. And no I'm not sorry for the bc.
    08-09-11 11:05 AM
    What country are you from and where/who did you get the message from?

Jim Balsamic? LMAO

It looks like a spam message. Usually anything that "requires" you to "forward" something is.
    08-09-11 11:10 AM
    What country are you from and where/who did you get the message from?

Jim Balsamic? LMAO
    I live in the UK, there are riots and apparently BBM might shut down.
    08-09-11 11:12 AM
    Again????
    08-09-11 11:12 AM
    I live in the UK, there are riots and apparently BBM might shut down.
    Ok then yes that may be true, but this message looks like spam/chain message.

RIM cannot delete/invalidate your PIN if you do not forward a message they send. That is an invitation to lawsuits that they will not win if they tried.
    08-09-11 11:13 AM
    That is bogus...been going around lately....
    08-09-11 11:14 AM
    For the bazillionth time, no. It's a hoax, and has nothing to do with the riots. Search the forums, there are tons of threads already about this exact same thing.
    pcgizmo#IM and TheMimic like this.
    08-09-11 11:16 AM
    Ok then yes that may be true
    No it's not

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-rumor-636403/
    08-09-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD